Anyone know of a place for tires?

I need new tires and the dealership quoted me almost $900!

Does anyone know of a place to get tires at a relatively good price? I need new, not used.

Thanks in advance.

Kati
  • btrdm
  • 08-10-2016, 08:26 PM
I always go to Sam's Club or Costco
www.tirerack.com

I've ordered brand new from Tire Rack.
All u do is order them and have the
tires delievered to a place of your choice.
The place you choose does not charge
u anything to mount balance etc and put
them on. Ordering from Tire Rack was a lot
cheaper than what the dealer was going to charge me
Thanks! I might do that. Stupid bald tires hydroplane in all this rain.
Both btrdm and Seeking ~P's suggestions are good.

Usually worth the membership fee to go to the shopping clubs. They often have sales on tires and you can get often get them the same day if they have the correct size in stock
If I buy at Costco will they put them on for me, or do I have to go elsewhere to do it? Online is the cheapest is seems but I need them now.
Thanks!
Both Costco and Sam's Club put them on for you, and they do it at minimum cost.
Just checked. Bridgestone tires are $70 off for a set of 4 in Costco. Installation is $15 per tire with free life time rotation and balancing.
Thank you so much! I Googled but since I have no idea about tires other than getting them at the dealership, I was lost.
I run an auto shop and sell good tire cheap, depends what brand and how much you are looking to spend.
May I send you a PM?
I need new tires and the dealership quoted me almost $900!

Does anyone know of a place to get tires at a relatively good price? I need new, not used.

Thanks in advance.

Kati Originally Posted by KatiforYou

Practically no one buys tires from a dealership, and I would almost never recommend it, but you do NOT want to skimp when it comes to tires. They can save your life or unnecessarily cost you your life because they don't perform as good tires would. I don't know what kind of vehicle you drive, but $900 sounds reasonable for everything. No, I have never worked at any even related business in my long life.
Prices vary quite a bit mainly depending on the size. I have paid $1000 for Michelins for a SUV, $600 for a compact and $800 for Bridgestones for a coupe. As long as you stick to good brand names, you will be OK.
Broke down and went to the stealership :-(
With all this rain I can't take a chance with bad tires. I just got Continental, my old ones had an 80,000 mile warranty but lasted me 84,000 so seemed like a safe bet.