Renting In Houston

Besides Har.com what other resources are there for renting a house or condo in houston? No it's not for working out of it either for all you tards who are going to say some fly shit..
http://www.apartmentratings.com/

It's a review site. So like any review board, you have to take it with a grain of salt.
Trulia.com condos.com or your local realtor.
Let me be clear I don't want an apartment... House or condo only
But thanks everyone
Hi Dorothy.
How many rooms do you need ?
Depending on what you want, price range and area. I would go through a realtor.
I second Mr Aussie's opinion.
There are Facebook groups you can join that cater to this. Just search your area on fb
Fsbo
Vrbo
Airbnb

Just like everything else, Houston is a bit behind other cities for these sites, but it covers most everything that doesn't have an mls listing. Of course, there's always craigslist and backpage for rentals as well.
  • mam5
  • 04-13-2015, 01:46 PM
Besides using har and a few other sites listed, I also drove around the area I liked on my spare time. I was able to find a great place that wasn't listed anywhere yet and got it. Just a suggestion.
Just go to sugar branch area--- i10 exit wilcrest right on Tully street. Just drive in neighborhood like 10 town home communities there. Pick one within price range, hop on Google for prior resident reviews, give me some free vagina when done...

You can do internet search all day but getting hands on look always best approach.

P.S joking on free vag comment

P.P.S..no I wasn't
Besides using har and a few other sites listed, I also drove around the area I liked on my spare time. I was able to find a great place that wasn't listed anywhere yet and got it. Just a suggestion. Originally Posted by cmouse45
This might be your best method. Rental property owners seem to have become very cautious about listing their property anywhere because HUD, the so-called "Fair" Housing Act, and other usurpation of property rights by government all but eliminates their freedom to reject tenants they know in advance are likely to trash the property or forget to pay the rent.

Among my friends who rent, the best landlords seem to be Chinamen or Desi's...and naw, I'm not jacking with you, it's twue it's twue...at least in those handful of cases I'm familiar with there's been a lot of mutual respect and trust....and - importantly, I believe - when a tenant leaves he/she has most often been the one who found the good landlord a new tenant...and the nice little house never got listed, never came to bureaucratic attention.
Hi Dorothy.
How many rooms do you need ? Originally Posted by carkido45
2 or 3

1 is ok but 2 would be better..