Marvel goes full social justice with transgender New Warrior ‘Snowflake’

BAHHAAAAA

you can't make this shit up.

Marvel goes full social justice with transgender New Warrior ‘Snowflake’

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ma...rior-snowflake

Comic book fans don't appear to be excited about non-binary 'Snowflake' and his twin 'Safespace.'

Thu Mar 19, 2020 - 2:58 pm EST

Marvel
By Calvin Freiburger
Follow Calvin

March 19, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – Despite backlash from both fans and comic shop owners over the years, Marvel Comics continues to infuse its superhero offerings with “woke” characters and themes, this week announcing its most heavy-handed attempt yet with a new iteration of the teenage hero team the New Warriors.

Marvel announced the relaunch Tuesday in a press release, explaining that the previous members of the team will mentor a new cast of characters, each of whom represents a different cultural theme, such as internet memes or goth subculture. But the two who’ve received the most attention are Snowflake and Safespace, a pair of twins who see the superhero business as a “post-ironic meditation on using violence to combat bullying.”

“Snowflake is non-binary and goes by they/them,” writer and creator Daniel Kibblesmith explained. “The connotations of the word 'snowflake' in our culture right now are something fragile, and this is a character who is turning it into something sharp” with the power to make ice projectiles shaped like snowflakes.

Both terms are predominantly associated with political correctness on college campuses, particularly the idea that young liberals need to be insulated from contrary ideas that might “trigger” them. But Kibblesmith says his characters adopted them as code names to “take those words and kind of wear them as badges of honor.”

So far, comic book fans are less than impressed by the new additions to the Marvel Universe:
mfs are named SNOWFLAKE and SAFESPACE this is absolutely bait for the “get woke go broke” people because they know that’s the only way this will get publicity you cannot convince me otherwise pic.twitter.com/YhC89wgHPW

— june (@shoe0nhead) March 18, 2020
I watched the video with the writer too and this whole thing stinks of pic.twitter.com/W6jWO1vJ0t
— The Booty Call of Cthulhu (@primegundam) March 18, 2020
heres to snowflake and safespace and their long and illustrious career of appearing in like the first four issues of this event comic, then being relegated to background characters, and then reappearing in 15 years time on a "marvels top ten dumbest characters" listicle
— Richie Tozier's PR manager (@rorschachisgay) March 18, 2020
Even the far-left blog The Mary Sue panned the duo, arguing that even as LGBT “representation” goes, there “needs to be a lot more thought put into it than this.”

Mavel’s comic-book business has always been more political than its film side, although the popular Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise is slated to feature same-sex romances in its upcoming films The Eternals and Thor: Love & Thunder.

This is despite the company’s poor success with “social justice warrior” themes in the past. In 2018, Marvel canceled all three of its comic book series that won GLAAD awards the previous year, citing poor sales. The year before, the publisher faced backlash from comic retailers for harming their business with their content’s social-justice emphasis.

Have No Fear, woke Liberals .. SNOWFLAKE and SAFESPACE are here!!!

BAHHHHAAAAAAAA
wouldn't surprise me that those books would be valued at .10 if that.
Oh My God, lol.
wouldn't surprise me that those books would be valued at .10 if that. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

last time a comic book as 10 cents was 1961 ..

Median cover prices of all comics offered in the United States by All Publishers, and by specific ones, from 1961 to present. Up until 1961, comic books were mostly priced at 10 cents in the United States.

https://www.comichron.com/vitalstati...verprices.html

median average today is $3.99

Oh My God, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17

it gets even better ... let's meet the "woke New Warriros" team shall we?

https://www.newsarama.com/49463-new-warriors.html

Created by Emmy-nominated writer Daniel Kibblesmith and rising superstar artist Luciano Vecchio, the classic New Warriors of the 90s will reunite to introduce the New Warriors of 2020!

"I wanted to have teen characters who felt as "now" as the New Warriors did in 1990,” explains Kibblesmith. “The New Warriors have been zeitgeist characters from the beginning, you get edgy skateboarding Night Thrasher in the '90s and the Reality TV team in the 2000s, and now in 2020, we have New Warriors who have never grown up without the Internet, and one character who appears to essentially live inside it.”
Meet the all-new team launching in New Warriors #1, on sale April 15!:

Credit: Luciano Vecchio (Marvel Comics) TRAILBLAZER: A regular kid scooped up into the world of teenage Super Heroing. Her “magic backpack” is actually a pocket dimension with seemingly infinite space, from which she can pull out useful or random objects—it’s not always under her control. She claims to get her power from god, but “not the god you’re thinking of.”

“Trailblazer wants to help people, but she doesn't think of herself as a Super Hero (yet!),” said Kibblesmith. “The Marvel Universe is a reflection of our own, and when a new law gets put into place, it affects people in unforeseen ways.”

Credit: Luciano Vecchio (Marvel Comics) SCREENTIME: A Meme-Obsessed super teen whose brain became connected to the internet after becoming exposed to his grandfather’s “experimental internet gas.” Now he can see augmented reality and real-time maps, and can instantly Google any fact. Does this make him effectively a genius? He sure acts like it does.

“The word ’screen time’ is only ever used in a sort of restrictive sense, and because we’re doing a story about teenage rebels, a lot of the names are about teens fighting against labels that are put on them. So with Screentime, we liked the idea that he has infinite screen time.”

Credit: Luciano Vecchio (Marvel Comics) SNOWFLAKE AND SAFESPACE: As psychic twins, Snowflake, a cryokinetic, can materialize snowflake-shaped shuriken projectiles for throwing. Safespace can materialize pink forcefields, but he can’t inhabit them himself, the reflex only works if he’s protecting others. They’re hyper aware of modern culture and optics, and they see their Super Heroics as “a post-ironic meditation on using violence to combat bullying.”
"[Snowflake and Safespace] are very similar to Screentime; it's this idea that these are terms that get thrown around on the internet that they don't see as derogatory. [They] take those words and kind of wear them as badges of honor…Snowflake is the person who has the more offensive power, and Safespace is the person who has the more defensive power. The idea is that they would mirror each other and complement each other."

Credit: Luciano Vecchio (Marvel Comics) B-NEGATIVE: A teen “living vampire” exposed to Michael Morbius’s blood as a child in a rogue, but life-saving medical procedure. He still ages like a regular kid, but has all the abilities of Morbius. He’s also obsessed with all the music and attitude of a “classic” long-past decades like the '90s, and the '00s. “The world is a vampire…and so am I.”

"B-Negative is the goth kid. When he was a baby he got a rogue lifesaving blood transfusion, we assume, from Michael Morbius. And now he has a very similar look, and very similar vampire powers…B-Negative ages like a regular person (or does he?) and he definitely drinks blood (or does he?), but designer/artist Luciano Vecchio took brilliant inspiration from the '90s Spider-Man cartoon and gave B-Negative the 'leech suckers' that the animated version of Morbius had on his palms.”

Check out the NEW WARRIORS #1 trailer for Vecchio’s designs along with Kibblesmith’s inspirations behind this one-of-a-kind team of young heroes!

BAHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
And this is a political topics because...
last time a comic book as 10 cents was 1961 ..

Median cover prices of all comics offered in the United States by All Publishers, and by specific ones, from 1961 to present. Up until 1961, comic books were mostly priced at 10 cents in the United States.

https://www.comichron.com/vitalstati...verprices.html

median average today is $3.99
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

well, we're talking about price deflation.

that book prolly sells 4 $3.20 - $3.99 or so depending what on the search engines.

btw, its a mini-series which is something different.
And this is a political topics because... Originally Posted by HoeHummer
its about political correctness and wokeness in the comic market place.

and

cause ur feeling the shitz anyway...
wouldn't surprise me that those books would be valued at .10 if that. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Those will be cheaper and more readily available than toilet paper. If you don't have a septic system, they would be a bargain. Not sure what a provider might say when you drop your skivvies and are sporting a rain forest Baboon colored butt. Should make for an interesting ROS.
  • oeb11
  • 04-27-2020, 07:31 AM
Comic books when I was akid were an escape from reality into the land of fantasy. I spent my allowances on some. No regrets.

How many kids today are spending on "woke" propaganda imposed by Fascist DPST's for their brain-washing??

Marvel already has shown this shit don't sell!!!!!!!!
Young people are not the susceptible idiots to brain-washing that the DPST;s think they are,
I’ll bet Soulmate will buy those up!!!!

BAHAHAHAHA
I am all for people living in their truth and everyone being accepted even if you don't have to agree there's no point in being mad about the way another person

With that being said if marvel was really for transgender rights they would not have named one of their character snowflake which is a derogatory term.

snowflake literally implies a person who gets butthurt over everything

I will not support this not because there's a transgender individual but because to me it is making fun of transgender individuals and I don't like that

It is very tongue-in-cheek to me
I am all for people living in their truth and everyone being accepted even if you don't have to agree there's no point in being mad about the way another person

With that being said if marvel was really for transgender rights they would not have named one of their character snowflake which is a derogatory term.

snowflake literally implies a person who gets butthurt over everything

I will not support this not because there's a transgender individual but because to me it is making fun of transgender individuals and I don't like that

It is very tongue-in-cheek to me Originally Posted by Sienna91
Transgender, butthurt? Isn’t that the point?
There’s such a thing as too much butt talk and a fellow ought to be aware of it.
There’s such a thing as too much butt talk and a fellow ought to be aware of it. Originally Posted by HoeHummer

Traditionally, butt talk, aka Greek, is an upcharge on these here boards.
There’s such a thing as too much butt talk and a fellow ought to be aware of it. Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Especially YOUS. Try to stay on topic instead of following me around. Stalker. Do something on topic. Buy a snowflake comic book.