Posting Pictures and Videos In Review

I am a technological klutz. Have review written but have no idea how to proceed to put pics and vids in ROS. Is there a link you click that says "upload"? If someone can explain here or PM I would appreciate it.
Thanks
C
  • ztonk
  • 08-07-2016, 05:26 PM
This page will get you started:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=251071&page=4

Pictures and videos in the ROS section of a review need to be hosted on an external website, such as Photobucket, Google, Dropbox, etc. If you attach images using ECCIE, they will be publicly viewable.

z
Thanks Z. I'll see if I can get my non-tech brain wrapped around that website. Can post pics in threads, it's ROS I'm having difficulty with.
As you open a new thread or a reply posting box see the commands at the top of the box...

B I U etc. and the PRIVATE to their right.

Hit the PRIVATE which opens a pair of commands between which anything you enter will be kept private. The command looks like this

[ private ] [/private ] without the spaces in the brackets.

ROS works much the same and material within the ROS is not visible to the public nor to members here unless they have premium access.
Not to seem too f'ing dense....but. I've got the pics loaded on 3rd party site with url#.
I just don't see a button to upload into ROS. The video just got nixed, so need final step with photos only
With new restrictions review is going to be anticlimactic after all this shit. But I do appreciate the help
  • Mokoa
  • 08-07-2016, 08:31 PM
The following will be of interest to you...

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=251071
That advice from Genius Man was helpful but it's about posting in threads, not ROS. He says hit a little icon when ready to post, but there is no such icon in ROS. I appreciate you guys helping the developmentally delayed.
The bulletin board software doesn't have a specific button for "uploading into ROS", as you put it. What the bulletin board software does is it looks for a certain code tag with an URL from your third-party image site, and then the board software will show an image or link from that third party site based on whatever code tag that you used. If your site gave you something called BBCode, that's what you want. I've included an attached screen capture from my Imgur account to show you what it'd look like.

To show an image in a post from Imgur, I'd copy the BBCode text from the bottom right side and paste it in a post. If you have the image up in a browser window, copy the whole URL from the address bar, paste it in your post, put an [img]tag before the URL and a [/img] tag at the end of the URL.

It should look something like this, but I substituted !'s for i's so the software wouldn't try to interpret it:
[!mg]http://i.imgur.com/TbnRuZ7.jpg[/!mg]

If you have video uploaded somewhere like a Google Drive account or Dropbox, you can just add links in your post to the specific files after editing.

I hope that helped a little..
  • ztonk
  • 08-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Post the review without the pictures. Then click the Edit button at the bottom of the review. You can then insert the [IMG] tag using the buttons like a regular post. You have to do that within 60 minutes of posting. After that, the Edit button goes away.

z