Electronics Help Needed

OK.......who knows how to set up a WI, soundbar, dvd player to a TV? I don't know what wires I need nor do I know how to do it.

Anyone willing to help a chica out?
I can do it for ya ms Elena
OK...give me a call.

I truly am blonde when it comes to electronics. No offense blondes.
There are blond boys too.
If you want to share your model numbers. I suspect that we can take care of most of this online.
hahaha

You don't know me strawberrycar. I have a 4.0 GPA in school, but when it comes to computers and electronics.....I'm lost. Plus, I need to have all of those hooked up to my TV. That's a lot of pictures and explaining to do when it can be taken care of within 15 minutes by someone who is willing to help me out.

Who knows....maybe there's a perk in it for the guy who helps me.
Well, I would still want to know model numbers and the distance between devices so that I could be sure to have the correct cables on hand. Otherwise, you can spend a lot of time driving to pickup cables versus the relatively easy job of just connecting cables and performing a little cable clean up to make everything look nice.

And if the job was done in half the time and you had all of that extra time available - maybe there would be things you could do ;-)
Fair enough.

I'll write them down and PM them.
If strawberry car can't seal the deal...let me know.....I can do it for you too...
Don't make me fly out there gents.
If its a HDTV with HDMI (all video and audio go through one cable) and the dvd player has HDMI then all you would need is an HDMI cable of the length you need. If there's no HDMI on the DVD then either use Component which is 3 video cables (red, blue, green) and 2 audio cables (red and white) or composite (yellow video and red and white audio) cables to hook it up. Now if its a WII you're talking about then they don't have an HDMI cable but you can get component cables for them . Ive heard there is an HDMI adapter you can buy for it but have not seen it or you can you composite. The sound bar should have the red and white audio hookups on it then would be connected to the red and white "audio out" of the TV. Some also have digital options but without knowing what you have I can't specify. Just think of it all like sex. most devices have an "in" and "out" on them. the device you want to send stuff out of has to have its "out" connections going to the "in" of whatever you want it to go to. depending on how good of quality you want it to look like it goes HDMI (best), component, S-video, composite, Coaxial cable (worst). and yes I am a genius when it comes to electronics
SJ..........I believe its going to be taken care of this afternoon.

Marcus........you can still fly out here for me darlin'.

SS..........thank you for explaining that and thank you for confusing me. lol I swear, I really am an intelligent lady, but not with electronics.
I would help you Elena, but, most of my attempts to set up electronics ends up in a long tirade of curse words and s**t thrown all over the place. It's actually kind of fun to watch I am told. My brother gets a kick out of anyways and he learns new words!
Hell, I can do that myself. Hahaha
Glad this is all resolved - but Sinister why would you opt for HDMI when the output of a Wii is 480p. Even if you upconvert you will not have a HD signal.

Most DVD players support 720i so I am not sure that HDMI matters or if most DVD players support HDMI.

HDMI is great for Blu-Ray. But otherwise it seems like you have a large pipe with limited flow ;-).