Dow Jones at record high

Of course the usual naysayers will chime in on how the economy is falling apart under this administration.
Yep. I’m making money.
its trying to keep up with inflation

since stocks are denominated in dollars and cents and are considered in relation to the dollar it cant help but be up

if it was denominated in used cars, houses or food or gasoline or even crypto it might well be down since the people behind biden took over
  • Tiny
  • 11-02-2021, 12:21 PM
its trying to keep up with inflation

since stocks are denominated in dollars and cents and are considered in relation to the dollar it cant help but be up

if it was denominated in used cars, houses or food or gasoline or even crypto it might well be down since the people behind biden took over Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Good point. Stocks skyrocketed in places like Venezuela and Zimbabwe when hyperinflation hit, although hopefully we'll never go there.

When one year T-bills yield 0.14% and inflation is 5.4%, like now, what are you going to do with your money? If you sit still you lose 5.26% per year. So you invest in stocks. But what if inflation isn't transitory? What if the Fed has to raise interest rates to 7%? Well it becomes harder to justify high P/E multiples for stocks. So maybe share prices go down. Time will tell.
  • oeb11
  • 11-02-2021, 12:46 PM
vm - let's be consistent now
The universal democraticommunist party whine!

IT IS ALL TRUMP'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The market hit record highs in 1929. Then it crashed
LOL at vita pretending the economy is anything but the insane democrat shitshow biden created.

Not even one sensible reply. Dow Jones near record highs. A real fact.
  • oeb11
  • 11-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Not even one sensible reply. Dow Jones near record highs. A real fact. Originally Posted by VitaMan

vm - let's be consistent now
The universal democraticommunist party whine!

IT IS ALL TRUMP'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they teach numbers in the Teachers unions educational system?
Evidently NOT!
Your post has nothing at all to do with this thread. It could be used in 1000's of other threads.

You have to do better than this with your experience.
They literally printed money and pumped the stock market
They literally printed money and pumped the stock market Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
And the Fed keeps buying the bonds. Quantitative easing.
... Dow Jones and what-not might be good, but
if ya ask me - the economy is starting to go BAD
with Sleepy Joe on.

### Salty
the rent where I live was increased by 400 dollars since last year

- Q
Of course the usual naysayers will chime in on how the economy is falling apart under this administration. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Yep. I’m making money. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

i rate this thread and posts to be factually incorrect without a LINK to prove it

BAHHAHHAAAAAAAA