My responses are all double spaced ...

This is probably an odd question but I have a new computer, well new enough, and am trying to contribute (sometimes!) to Eccie topics.

When I start a new paragraph, everything looks fine when I'm writing the response. However, when I post the response (or look at preview post), all of the paragraphs have an extra space in between them.

So I have to go back and fix it in the edit function.

Why is this happening? I've had several different computers in the past and never this issue. Am I'm being as clear as mud? It's a pain in the ass to have to go back and fix this issue each time I try to respond to something on this board.

Elisabeth

P.S. Left the above without editing to show what is going on. I've spent YEARS on Eccie and have never had this happen before. Any advice to fix this situation would be appreciated!!!
This is probably an odd question but I have a new computer, well new enough, and am trying to contribute (sometimes!) to Eccie topics.

When I start a new paragraph, everything looks fine when I'm writing the response. However, when I post the response (or look at preview post), all of the paragraphs have an extra space in between them.

So I have to go back and fix it in the edit function.

Why is this happening? I've had several different computers in the past and never this issue. Am I'm being as clear as mud? It's a pain in the ass to have to go back and fix this issue each time I try to respond to something on this board.

Elisabeth

P.S. Left the above without editing to show what is going on. I've spent YEARS on Eccie and have never had this happen before. Any advice to fix this situation would be appreciated!!! Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

what browser are you using? firefox? that's what i use and years ago they released a new version that started to do the exact same thing on eccie. other posting sites, no. so it might be a combination of firefox and eccie. which unfortunately means all you can do is try another browser like chrome.

when i hit "submit reply" to this post firefox and eccie's site format is almost certainly going to double space what should be one space between paragraphs will post as two. let's see.
what browser are you using? firefox? that's what i use and years ago they released a new version that started to do the exact same thing on eccie. other posting sites, no. so it might be a combination of firefox and eccie. which unfortunately means all you can do is try another browser like chrome.

when i hit "submit reply" to this post firefox and eccie's site format is almost certainly going to double space what should be one space between paragraphs will post as two. let's see. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

yep. triple space actually. see above. not going to bother to edit it as i usually have to do. what browser are you using? firefox? might try chrome. not a big fan of anything microsoft but their new edge browser which i have to use for work seems much better than the infamous IE (Internet Exploder).
yep. triple space actually. see above. not going to bother to edit it as i usually have to do. what browser are you using? firefox? might try chrome. not a big fan of anything microsoft but their new edge browser which i have to use for work seems much better than the infamous IE (Internet Exploder). Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Yes. I use firefox. That's so odd, isn't it?
Guess I'll have to try another browser, then.

Thank you SO much for your input, Waco Kid!!!
Testing another browser.

Testing another browser.

Testing another browser.

Hugs,
Elisabeth

Edited to add: Using another browser works. Again, thanks for the advice, Waco Kid!
Testing another browser.

Testing another browser.

Testing another browser.

Hugs,
Elisabeth

Edited to add: Using another browser works. Again, thanks for the advice, Waco Kid! Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

you are welcome girl

Testing another browser.

Testing another browser.

Testing another browser.

Hugs,
Elisabeth

Edited to add: Using another browser works. Again, thanks for the advice, Waco Kid! Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

yea firefox does this to eccie. i get that too.

have you tried a firefox equivalent?
yea firefox does this to eccie. i get that too.

have you tried a firefox equivalent? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

When responding to topics on Eccie, I use Internet Explorer and have no issues. The firefox problem is odd, isn't it?
When responding to topics on Eccie, I use Internet Explorer and have no issues. The firefox problem is odd, isn't it? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

it's a formatting issue with Firefox. it's not eccie. their code hasn't changed. i recall exactly when it began, i dropped all my firefox sessions to allow a pending update to firefox, always good to keep things up to date, usually lol and as soon as firefox updated i opened a session to eccie again and signed in and from then on, it double/triple spaces what "should be" single space. this started several years ago. i prefer firefox so i just live with it and edit my posts to clean them up.