Close call, whew!

Just a couple of weeks ago, an ad attracted my eye; a special, local to my area, and really my "type". Listening to my hobby buddies ("research, research, research") I looked up some recent reviews and was disappointed to see the pics in the ad were ancient, service was spotty and attitude was "flaky". So I passed and went elsewhere; no big deal.

Yesterday, my son tells me one of their good couple friends is moving. Of course, with my senility in full bloom, I had no idea who he was speaking of and he chastised me telling me who they were, how I knew them, etc. Curiosity got the best of me so I looked them up on my daughter in laws Facebook. While scrolling to them, one of the avatars jumped off the page at me; the exact avatar the provider uses in ads here is used for her FB profile! Worse, I know her from family events, birthday parties, etc. She is a regular friend of my son and daughter in laws! And I almost booked her!

Thanks to my ECCIE buddies for saving my bacon on this one! I wonder, once there had I booked, if I could have gone through with the session?
Holy Shit, Batman!

Does this mean that Facebook is trying to compete with Eccie? lol.
Close call.

Talk about awkward.

You mention she openly has her provider avatar as the avatar on her face book, is she aware. Is her face book private. I know some ladies are open with their provider life.

Out of curiosity do you still want to book with her?
Braveheart that was funny!!!

To the OP.....damm baby that WAS a close one!!
Lisa2, no, have no interest in seeing her but I had made that decision based on reviews before I made the connection. And while her FB has a number of the same pictures as her showcase on ECCIE, it would appear that she has not made her occupation/vocation/hobby known to friends (no mention of a hobby name on FB, just her real name). Her FB is all public including her photo albums.
  • Surge
  • 11-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Holy Shit, Batman!

Does this mean that Facebook is trying to compete with Eccie? lol. Originally Posted by Braveheart

Ha ha ha! That's some funny ass shit right there Braveheart!
I had someone call, said i seemed familiar..but hey how many tall brunettes are there in dfw!? We talked for a min...

We realized we went to high school together and on top of that GOT IT ON back in our teen years...and to put the icing on the cake, we have been friends on FB for years LOL!!!!

It was too weird to continue but I bet the guy who referred him to me felt weird!
With all the social networking that goes on today, I guess it's surprising that it doesn't happen more. Alecia, sorry about not following up yesterday; thought I was getting sick and was correct. Glad I didn't spread the germs yesterday. Soon though, okay? Keep the glasses handy!!
Lisa2, no, have no interest in seeing her but I had made that decision based on reviews before I made the connection. And while her FB has a number of the same pictures as her showcase on ECCIE, it would appear that she has not made her occupation/vocation/hobby known to friends (no mention of a hobby name on FB, just her real name). Her FB is all public including her photo albums. Originally Posted by Batman
my suggestion - create a throw-away email account, then send her an email from there alerting her to what you just described [like fb photos, eccie photos, w/ links to each page so she can see, if she doesnt know already]. then toss the email acct and let her deal with it or not deal with it - it's her life. no need to identify yourself or involve anyone else in the conversation.
PM, great idea and I will do just that. Thanks.
I will let her know.

Got a link?

:-)
Can someone verify if the pics are really hers....and not stolen pics from FB
yeah, send me the bp link or even fb
i know you guys are prolly kidding, but i'll repeat my advice to batman...
... no need to identify yourself or involve anyone else in the conversation.
Close call there Batman. Glad it's okay babe.