Ladies, Do you really think this makes a difference?

I see this from time to time, and just LMAO

Today I was browsing P411 and a provider had her rate a $400 BUT was giving a $10 discount. Yes, an entire ten dollars.

IMHO, that is not a discount that would ever get my attention; in fact, it simply has me saying ....NEXT

Do you ladies actually believe a guy who wants to see you is pulled over the edge with a $10 discount? AND, would anyone REALLY give this lady $390, instead of $400.....and expect to have a good time?

TFF
Yes, I see "$25 for P411 members" all the time and I think to myself, why bother, ha. I think it's just better not to offer a discount at all if you're going to do that.

~
Just marketing. Some are good at it, and some are not.

There is one provider who has been advertising new lower rates, and all she did was go from 300/50 discount to 250/ no discount. Same product, different packaging. It's bound to work on some.

If providers put a little more thought into time/pricing, I guarantee they could significantly up their annual income for not a lot more effort. Too many get caught up in self image and value per hour, when the big win is in maximizing the revenue off the clients they do attract.

Providers need to be real about what discount actually will have an impact on the clients decision making process. 10? No 25? Maybe 50? Yes.

If the average Eccie rate is 250, I guarantee you will make multiples more than other providers by setting your base rate at 225/hr or 300/90 min. Guys love a bargain and will go for both of those. Especially pushing the 90 minute experience. Whats an extra hour and a half a day if you can go from 500 total a day to 900?

Or you can say "No way I'm charging leas than that ugly provider over there who charges 300". Do you want to make more money, or worry about the hourly rate of a woman who only gets booked twice a week and cant afford food?

The big caveat here is that you are a decent looking, HWP, and have good menu and service. If you are BBW or limited menu, you will find guys are far less price sensitive as you are in a niche market. Most of the threads on rate sensitivity have been posted by niche providers who didn't account for this in their results.
I'm a huge fan of 90 min for 3 bills with the right girl.
If providers put a little more thought into time/pricing, I guarantee they could significantly up their annual income for not a lot more effort. Too many get caught up in self image and value per hour, when the big win is in maximizing the revenue off the clients they do attract. Originally Posted by citizen44
Yes, but this….
If the average Eccie rate is 250, I guarantee you will make multiples more than other providers by setting your base rate at 225/hr Originally Posted by citizen44
….is not the way to do it. In fact, and no offense, it is bad, bad, bad advice. Ladies, you do not want to get into a bidding war and you for God damned sure don’t want the clientele – overall – of sub $250 or lowest bidder.
300/90 min. Guys love a bargain and will go for both of those. Especially pushing the 90 minute experience. Whats an extra hour and a half a day if you can go from 500 total a day to 900? Originally Posted by citizen44
First off, you are assuming ladies take multiple appointments every day. I did not. In fact it was rare for me. I concentrated on creating returning clients not churning them. It suited me well.

Yes,everybody loves a bargain. Longer appointments are ideal. Providing we are talking pricing in and around the $250 range, a better pricing structure would be:
$275 / hour or $325 / 90 minutes. Drive your clients to the price point you want. If you are attractive, it should be much higher.
Or you can say "No way I'm charging leas than that ugly provider over there who charges 300". Do you want to make more money, or worry about the hourly rate of a woman who only gets booked twice a week and cant afford food? Originally Posted by citizen44
If a lady is worried about her hourly rate $25 one way or the other is going to take the food off a her table, then this isn’t the gig for them. Something other than your price point is wrong.
  • Sonya
  • 05-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Thinking everyones situation is the same is mistaken. I started the hobby only about a year ago. I already owned my home and have income. Two clients a week suits me just fine. I've created relationships with gentlemen that see me often Its very common to have a four hour and a two hour in one week and do quite well. . But I agree, a 10-25 dollar discount seem pointless. But the beauty of this hobby is you can pick your provider as well as we can pick who we spend time with.
I guess I'm a prime example of your point. My rate is $400/hr and I offer a $20 discount for P411 users. Here's my reality:

1) I don't want to see more clients. My rate is higher than average because I like my comfort zone of only one or two per day that I work (which is nowhere near every day) and I'm still making a very comfortable living, with a ridiculous amount of freedom.

2) P411 screening saves ME nothing. I have an assistant. I pay her the same amount whether she has to do newbie screening, or P411/reference screening. There is no incentive for me in offering a discount. The $20/off I offer is simply a courtesy for the guys that like to "pay" for their P411 accounts with the discounts they can get through them.

3) This is the ONLY public discount I offer. I never run specials. I never discount my rate. No, $20 doesn't matter to me or the vast majority of my clients either way. If he's THAT worried about a discount, I'm probably not the lady for him anyway. And I'm fine with that. I'm pretty sure my gents are, too. They don't want me to discount. They want me to be too expensive for many to see, because they want me to be fresh-faced and eager to see them on any given date, not tired/stressed/sore/pissy. So, high rates means I'm always at my best to see them. Other ladies do it differently. This is just the way I do it.

4) If I remember right, the only reason I started offering a discount on P411 in the first place is I think there was some sort of incentive at one time, if not now. Whatever that incentive was (if I'm remembering correctly), it must have convinced me and I've just kept it there, because 90% of my clientele ignores it anyway.

I hope that might have cleared up some questions for you. If not, at least now you understand my "hooker logic."
These dumb broads should offer fried chicken instead of discounts.
My rate is 300 with a $50 disc on p411. Its an incentive for p411 members. Although the $10 disc seems pointless, everyone is different. I also agree with Ms. Davenport about having a couple of clients a week. My rate is what it is for that reason also. Im not high volume at all. And prefer it that way.
Just marketing. Some are good at it, and some are not. Originally Posted by citizen44
^^^^This!
  • drax1
  • 05-09-2014, 06:17 PM
In this case, Olivia and Caroline are correct. Specials might get you a temporary bump in traffic, but you'll lose in the long run because you'll devalue your brand. Ladies should choose to concentrate on improving the product and the service rather than bidding down. That being said , not all providers can charge four bills an hour. That's why they make Porsche and VW.
I agree with many of the preceding comments. Each lady has to figure out her own market and how many clients she wants to attract.

Quite frankly, I have a little problem with the fact that P411 INSISTS that their clients get the LOWEST prices that a provider advertises. My rates are already discounted for ECCIE and P411, and I want them to remain on an equal level. That may force me not to list a P411 discount when my rates change on 5/28. A lot of fellows look strictly for that "break," so will skip over the girls that don't offer anything,. Not sure how to reconcile that. Do I list my higher website price and then a discount to bring it into line? Then it kind of looks like what citizen44 was pointing out.

Don't get me wrong; P411 is lovely, but I dislike being told what rates I HAVE to list anywhere, and frankly, I get a better response from ECCIE.
I guess I'm a prime example of your point. My rate is $400/hr and I offer a $20 discount for P411 users. Here's my reality:

1) I don't want to see more clients. My rate is higher than average because I like my comfort zone of only one or two per day that I work (which is nowhere near every day) and I'm still making a very comfortable living, with a ridiculous amount of freedom.

2) P411 screening saves ME nothing. I have an assistant. I pay her the same amount whether she has to do newbie screening, or P411/reference screening. There is no incentive for me in offering a discount. The $20/off I offer is simply a courtesy for the guys that like to "pay" for their P411 accounts with the discounts they can get through them.

3) This is the ONLY public discount I offer. I never run specials. I never discount my rate. No, $20 doesn't matter to me or the vast majority of my clients either way. If he's THAT worried about a discount, I'm probably not the lady for him anyway. And I'm fine with that. I'm pretty sure my gents are, too. They don't want me to discount. They want me to be too expensive for many to see, because they want me to be fresh-faced and eager to see them on any given date, not tired/stressed/sore/pissy. So, high rates means I'm always at my best to see them. Other ladies do it differently. This is just the way I do it.

4) If I remember right, the only reason I started offering a discount on P411 in the first place is I think there was some sort of incentive at one time, if not now. Whatever that incentive was (if I'm remembering correctly), it must have convinced me and I've just kept it there, because 90% of my clientele ignores it anyway.

I hope that might have cleared up some questions for you. If not, at least now you understand my "hooker logic." Originally Posted by CarolineDavenport
You mean I coulda saved a whole $20...Uggh!!!

• drax1
  • 05-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Has anyone really passed on a piece of ass because of $20 or $50?
Has anyone really passed on a piece of ass because of $20 or $50? Originally Posted by drax1
As far as recreational expenses go, a lot of people have a budget, so an occassional $50 discount/special might give some gents the extra incentive to pull the trigger. But $10-$20? That haggling, and then it becomes a control issue. Providers should NEVER haggle, but nor should they insult their potential clientele, either. I agree with CB; just move on down the road to Xanadu.