RTM's

As I slowly learn more about the duties of acting as a moderator, I occasionally find an area where the members could assist. When I look at the Reported Threads, it is often difficult to determine which post the reporter was referring to. It also takes a good bit of time to do so, as there might be several new posts in between. There usually are many reported posts each day.

If we could easily find the correct post it will:
1. Ensure that we are looking where you intended.
2. Save a lot of time for mods.
3. Speed up action taken.

If the reporter were to include the post # (# in upper right corner of each post) along with the reason for reporting, it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Torito
  • jfred
  • 07-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Gosh, Torito, I just assumed that when an RTM was sent from a particular post it automatically referenced the post that was being reported. Not the case?
That is the case. It will send a link to the mods about a specific post.

Too often, they have to look at entire thread if the damn thing is a train wreck. Then their job is more like NTSB.
Thanks for the information. I'm sure it will help the staff resolve issues faster if the mods don't have to look at every post to find the offense(s).
But wouldn't it be best to see the whole thread? They can then see what caused the uproar.
But wouldn't it be best to see the whole thread? They can then see what caused the uproar. Originally Posted by pyramider

They can and do. Context certainly is a factor to consider many times, smiley face or not.
He's not saying that staff won't review the entire thread. he's asking to point out what you find bad.

Some items are time sensitive and if the thread were 4 pages long, do you really want staff to have to read from to back to remove something that might be outing or worse for example?
He's not saying that staff won't review the entire thread. he's asking to point out what you find bad.

Some items are time sensitive and if the thread were 4 pages long, do you really want staff to have to read from to back to remove something that might be outing or worse for example? Originally Posted by LazurusLong

I remember back in the day on the old board... If I had to wade through 4 or 10 pages of crap, it was hard to hold back the attitude that somebody was getting points for my having to read all that crap.
LL
Well said, thank you.

CPI.
Yea, that too.

Torito