How long before you took the plunge?

So, I am very new to Eccie but have lurked for a few months as I have yet seemed ready to dive right in. Still feeling my way around but was curious to here from some of the other hobbyists how long did scout it out/get a feel for the business in Dallas before taking that first session? I see a great deal of the providers are active here which I think is great.
Booked the first day. What is there to check out??
Booked the first day. What is there to check out?? Originally Posted by supersarge
Well as a complete Novice to the process, maybe just jumping into the deep end makes me wary. I can't be the first one that signed up and still seemed nervous about the process.
Take your time. Check out the reviews, maybe even PM or chat with some of the ladies first. No rush. Be safe. Contrary to what your little brain says, its NOT worth being disappointed, taken advantage of, throwing your money away, or going to jail.

God gave you hands. Use them till your ready :-)
  • T-Can
  • 07-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Don't worry devour, just go at your own pace and take everything in.

I lurked on aspd for 5 months before signing up. It took 2 months of those first 5 months to see a provider (off BP of all places). I still didn't hobby as much on aspd - I think I had 4 reviews?
Just follow your own instincts Devour. I made the move about 1 year after joining the old ASPD website. Going with the well reviewed ladies was a very important factor for me.
I am in the same boat.I have been on here for a month or so and ready to join in on the fun.
  • =cP
  • 07-07-2010, 02:33 PM
I lurked for about a month then registered. Then took the plunge a little over a month after that (but had tried several times unsuccessfully to book a couple of appointments just a week after registering). If you're serious about getting your "feet" wet, get verified on P411 and start with the newbie friendly providers on there and here. Most of all.... do your homework, take your time, and HAVE FUN!!!
  • Fiero
  • 07-07-2010, 04:12 PM
I lost my hobby cherry in another town on another board...but i looked around for a good 2 months before booking. First appointment was easily one of the most nervous moments of my life...and a bit later one of the best hobby moments I ever had. Take your time...you'll know when you're ready. Do your research. When you've been doing this awhile...do your research.
I got onto the old board a week or two before it went down (just looking and not signed up yet). It had my interest very high and I kept looking till I found ECCIE in January this year. It was March (saw my first provider in march) before I felt I had a good feel for what I wanted and how to get it safely.

I guess what I am trying to tell you is to listen to what most of the guys here are telling you and that is to take your time to you feel you are ready. I feel it is better to do your research and get a good experience for your first time.
I waited about two years before I took the plunge. I did my homework. Have never regretted it.
All of you... Great insight. Makes me feel a bit better about diving right in.
  • CDL1
  • 07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Devour,

Take your time. Do your research. Have Fun and enoy the company of another person for a bit.

Good Luck!
Take your time and do your research. If your not comfortable then it takes away from the fun. I'm far from a seasoned pro "in the hobby" and I'm still anxious when I see a new lady. To me that's part of the fun. Just do what works for you and enjoy.
First became aware of the hobby several years ago when Playboy had a blurb about TER in one of their issues. Then started lurking on TER and reading reviews. I didn't sign up for TER because I didn't want any of my personal information linked with TER. Moved to Dallas a few years ago... and read TER some more. That was how I found out about SCS. I first took the plunge with SCS back in 2006 and have been visiting there off and on since then... more on this year than off. I never knew about the old board at all and only found this one through a link on the SCS website. I think this board is great.

I still haven't found a provider I am entirely comfortable with and I am somewhat nervous when visiting. I guess you could say I am still looking for an ATF.