One reason our hobby is still illegal...

here is a news article about gangs running sex trafficking business. It is from up north but it is happening all over the USA.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...ex-998050.html
The article is "no longer available" when I click the link.

Judging from your description, though, I'll add this. Many people might contend that rather than that being a reason for prostitution being illegal, it is actually a result of it. Regulate it, tax it, shift the resources towards helping the victimized rather than prosecuting the victimless...

Of course, I feel the same about that which shall not be named
The linked worked for me. Thanks that interesting news thats going on around the world.
Unfortunately, it's not just illegal because of this. With all the recent discussion on this board about the prevailing attitudes towards pimps, I am sure I'm not alone in wishing LE would concentrate on that aspect of the hobby and leave our girls alone to pursue their livelihood. And stop spending tax dollars to save me from myself. These underage girls are the real victims, not our virtue.
It's happened a lot closer to home than up North...as recently as a few weeks ago in San Antonio. A BP bust of a pimp and his 'girlfriend' who were involved in the trafficking of underage girls. He was also a registered member here. I predict you'll see much more of this around here, with the demise of CL and BP adult services (due to things like this making the news at least once a month), lots of new 'talent' moving on over to ECCIE and making this their new home.

Here's a link to a news clip on the story I'm talking about:
http://www.kens5.com/news/SA-couple-...105337333.html

And the thread in SA talking about it:
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=116003

They're starting look for new places to advertise
IMHO, the hobby should not be illegal. It was quite legal in antiquity, like Rome, Greece, China, Japan. With all its diseases and dangers, but it was legal.

I think is illegal for a good reason: Men.

How many pimps abuse women? how many stalk providers? how many get so jealous and do something stupid? Too many.

After a while, common sense dictate, this is more negative than positive, so it was banned.

I disagree, I believe it should be legal. But with so many stupid men around, it would be just dangerous, unless a full infrastructure is put in place for it, that includes security, doctors, lawyers, etc.

And then, is just another corporation. FUCK THAT!!!
I think we need to find the idiots (pimps) and beat them!!!! (not in the good way lol)
I am under Alecia. I have been wanting to be there for sometime now.
Kidnapping, rape, assault, transporting a minor across state lines for sexual purposes, pimping a minor, and sex with a minor are ALL already against the law.

What's the reason our hobby is against the law?

If the intent is to protect and "save" the women, why are they arrested and thrown in jail?

This isn't a case of "bad law for good reasons". It's a case of "bad law" full stop.

Ending prohibition didn't solve every alcohol related problem, and created a couple, but weighed against the problems prohibition created, nobody in their right mind would go back.
Eventually we will find that to also be true with "that which shall not be mentioned",
and our hobby.

(on the other hand, if Earth dies in two years, all bets are off.)