A decent north side bar

Any suggestions for a north side bar close to braker and 35 would be great. I'm not familiar with the area and I would like a good drink at a decent price and just relax from my day. So if you know this area chime in and let me know of a good spot. Thx
Braker and 183 (not too far away--10 minutes) has a BJs. Great wine, beer, and full bar.

Sifu.
Its on my list of places to go, just not tonight. More of a quiet hole inthe wall dive bar.
Well, you could go up to The Round Rock Tavern if you want dive - it's on East Main a few miles north of you. (If it were me, I'd drive a bit longer for cocktails at the Tigress on N. Loop; might call to see how crowded they are, though)
Parmer lane tavern has some good drinks, good people, and good rock music.

Pardners in round rock is cool.
Buddy's Place at Burnet and 183. I haven't been there since you could smoke inside in Austin. You funny, your post say decent bar and you ask for a dive bar. Enjoy!
  • tron
  • 03-14-2015, 09:17 PM
The bar in Roaring Fork at Stonelake and Breaker is pretty nice - it's sort of hard to find, though - google has pics. It can get packed - or was when I was there on a few weeknights.

Trudy's at 183 & Burnet is good for Mexian or Cuban Martinis.
If you like live music, The Roost on Wells Branch Pkwy is good, booking the kind of music Antones used to have before they closed. There's also a good bar in the ALoft Hotel at the Domain.
In the end I found 2 dive bars that fit my needs. Homers and a Rack Daddys. I didn't know there was another rack dadddy. Either way a gf friend and I broke in the bathrooms! Trudy's isn't a dive bar and the north side is ok but just overrated. Thx guys for the suggestions.
Thanks Slotgoop, I just busted my screen smacking your avatar.
Shouldve gone to parmer lane tavern. I am a regular at the crack daddys on riverside . Never been to the one up north. The riverside location can get ghetto at night. But it's easy to get coca cola there.
Try
Detour @ 11101 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78758
It's on the corner of Kramer Ln & Burnet just before Top Golf
look up canary roost off metric
dive karaoke bar
The Canary roost is on my list also. The rack daddy's up here is actually nice nit the pos on the south side. Well since I have to be up on the north side for a few weeks I will take a tour of the dive bars around here.thx guys
Sherlock's on burn-it &research is an interesting pub.