Craigslist ADULT ads SHUTDOWN !!!

Well it seems as if the IMMORAL MINORITY has reared its ugly head once again & done something they think is for our better good. They have forced Craigslist to shutdown their ADULT advertisement section.

This seems to me as if they had it in for Craigslist in general because it used to be FREE & everyone could post & did. They couldnt stand all this FREE SPEECH & PRESS running around without them have some form of control.

Craigslist was started as a FREEWARE klind of thing. Backpage & others have always been more glossier & about revenue. (They understand this kind of thinking) They seem to FIGHT against anything that is NEW & RADICAL like FREEWARE and shared collabaration. (YES, they are the MIND POLICE)

Hopefully things will get better & not worse in Nevember. Although I am not holding my breath.
The funny thing is that CL still offers the Erotic Services in other countries! So, if i was to move to Canada I could post in the Erotic section of CL. CL only banned the US states from posting under Adult Service. CL also removed the Adult gigs for people that were hiring in the adult bizz!
Is this a countrywide shutdown or just a shut down in some areas?
Is this a countrywide shutdown or just a shut down in some areas? Originally Posted by Mike Meatmaster
Nationwide in the Ole USA. Our Muslim Masters that are trying to take control have deemed it UNFIT for us. Please remember this & other rights they wish to curtail & strip you of in NOVEMBER
I wonder if Backpage will be next, probably so
I'm really feeling sorry for the guys who live in smaller towns and CL is the only thing that they knew.
They think that they are so smart! The fact of the matter is that the majority of ppl who didn't want to pay went to casual encounters anyway. So what is the difference? No matter what they try to put up to stop ppl there is always going to be a way around it. Do you think that it will stop business? Heck no. It may slow them down but only momentarily

DFW Airwolf, this has nothing to do with Religion, or Obama so knock that shit off will ya.

This is nothing new. This started in Chicaco over a year ago with the Attorney Generals in 10 states with Illinois leading the way.

What is new is Texas joining in and additional pressure being applied to CL.

back in 2008 or early 2009, Miami Bureau if Investigation arrested the advertising manager and a few other talking heads from the Miami Herald for facilitating prostitution. They found out the paper made over 1 million annually from adult advertising in their classified section.

The pertinent issue is whether advertising media has any culpability when people advertises service which are really illegal services; prostitution in this case.

Why don't we stick to that issue, Texas' involvement, and CL's response to it and leave the theatrics and conspiracy theories out, please.

As a hobbyist, of course I hate it. However, prostitution is illegal and I can see why they would go after CL for criminal facilitation. It not like the ads are discreet. A lot of money has been spent in Texas cities to clean up the streets and rid them of streetwalkers. They simply moved online.

Locally, we are already seeing moves made to clean up the DFW metroplex of crime and prostitution before the Superbowl comes to town and we will see more of it.

A few years ago I looked into CL. About 3/4 of the time the add were misleading (rip off) and one time (Boston) it was a con game complete with attempted extortion. To me the CL section was fraught with misrepresentation, uncertainty, and at times a criminal element. I avoid CL so it does not matter to me other than the fact that I will miss the photos.
Well the lady who turned me on to this site I met from CL, was all I knew to look in at the time. Orig I was looking at Casual Encounters when I was unemployed and home alone and bored and pent up alot.. and in there found the breakdown to be 90% fake, 6% men pretedning to be women, 3% women looking for donations, and 1% other (from which with intense perseverance got a couple of short term successful free hookups, but not enough to justify the time wasted). Always browsed the adult services and 'adult gigs' out of curiousity, and eventually went there out of frustration when able to pull a few bucks together, and the rest is history.
I predict the amount of more amateur providers will start willing up the w4m board more and ask for their donations over the initial emails, and life will go on.