Anyone else having issues making calls with Google Voice?

Since I don't have as much need for a hobby phone as I used to, I switched to GV and use the web interface on my phone as opposed to the app. A little cumbersome, but it has by and large worked well for me.

Recently, however, over the last 30 days or so...none of my calls go through. Anyone else having similar issues? Text works fine, but just can't get the calls to connect. May be that I happen to be calling folks who won't accept private numbers, although I don't remember this happening before.

I saw a provider advertise that she doesn't accept GV calls or texts, so I'm curious if there is some new practice developing where folks are routinely blocking such calls.
  • BLM69
  • 07-30-2013, 10:09 PM
I don't think they would know if you're using gv when you call.
Try uninstall then wait 15 min. Reinstall GV.

In addition, reboot your phone.

FYI...Non-android phones are becoming less compatible with GV. Also, Verizon carrier is starting to block GV.
Interesting. Thanks, Shep.
MY GV texts rarely work and I have trouble calling out sometimes.
I use GV multiple times a day, every day, for both voice and text. It's nearly flawless. AT&T is my mobile provider. However I do use the iPhone app and not the web interface.
no problems here.
I had the same issue, and realized it had two ways to call, under the call button, and I have to click the name of my phone on it to get it to work. it's under the Phone to call with tab.
I have an android phone and I have the app, My calls have been coming through fine... But I don't understand why your number comes through as private... You may want to try to get your calls to not be blocked you should have a separate GV number right? I know I rarely answer a blocked number...
  • HDnTX
  • 07-31-2013, 11:59 AM
It happen to me other day as well
I have used GV two ways:

1. program your GV number, pass code, 2, number to be dialed#. Put pauses between each step. That takes a while but it works.

2. Install the app and adjust the settings to suit your day. You can set it to do not disturb and not use GV or ask before dialing (my preference). Then you can dial a number and get a screen asking if you want to dial with or without GV. That works fastest but can be annoying if you use a speed dial app and sit there waiting for it to ring only to see the prompt. Just turn GV off in the settings on non-hobby days (bud don't forget to turn it back on before calling a provider).
Try uninstall then wait 15 min. Reinstall GV.

In addition, reboot your phone. Originally Posted by Shep3.0
He said he doesn't use the app.

I've been having issues randomly but I think its server/carrier related since it takes it sweet time updating info on a mobile device. I installed it on my new phone (both were/are droids) and the issue continues. Also, not with the aforementioned carrier.

I think its just the nature of using VOI. Maybe if verizon and the like made their own VOI interfaces they'd work better. Who knows. It is a pain though for sure.

We are having major issues with Google voice at the moment. Some of our text messages are coming in others are not. Please call us directly or email us for a faster response.

Thanks,
Natalie
(Agency owner)
google's phone is the only real android that gv is native on, some of the other carries firm/bloatware disrupt google sync enough to interfere with voice activation commands or gv calls, u can root your phone and remove the extra stuff you dont want, or turn off all sync services mainly g maps
google sync scares the ever-lovin' sh*t outta me. seriously. it knows more about my life than I do. Lol!! for real though....its like '1984' big-brotherish. no bueno.

google's phone is the only real android that gv is native on, some of the other carries firm/bloatware disrupt google sync enough to interfere with voice activation commands or gv calls, u can root your phone and remove the extra stuff you dont want, or turn off all sync services mainly g maps Originally Posted by vixstudios