Which track to go to....

No,not the one on Telephone Rd.

I finally have a 5.0 worthy of the track, and after growing up racing on ranken, I have no idea which test track I wanna take my new baby to,Baytown or Hwp?

Has anyone been to either lately as a driver?
Or maybe just a spectator?

I'm pretty sure my neighbors are tired of my burn outs.....so I need a place where they would be appreciated (lol).

Much appreciation for any input.
I thinck she is talking drag and not circuit.
I could be wrong.
There is also a strip on the far west side around Sealy on the south side of I-10.
Or in that general areas.
http://msrhouston.com/ Originally Posted by WolfWhistle
MSR, while a great facility, does not have a quarter-mile track unless she is looking to go through the twisties but being it's a 5.0 Mustang I'm assuming it is set up, or partially set up, to go straight...

If I were you, screw baytown and go to Lonestar MotorSports Park (Sealy) or Houston MotorSports Park.

When you say worthy? Please elaborate? Stock 302 bottom end or stroker motor? Supercharged, Turbo, or Nitrous? T5 still in it or Auto? I'm a foxbody/drag race guy... so this thread has my attention
MSR, while a great facility, does not have a quarter-mile track unless she is looking to go through the twisties but being it's a 5.0 Mustang I'm assuming it is set up, or partially set up, to go straight...
Originally Posted by Still-Naughty
Shrugs. I saw the web site and sent her the link. I could care less about drag racing and cars.
Cars, love em but I am more of a circuit fan than drag racing.
When you go from straight line to circuit....it's a whole new ballgame.
Very humbling at first.
When you go from straight line to circuit....it's a whole new ballgame.
Very humbling at first. Originally Posted by tbone2u
Very, very much so!!!

I actually have a project car, with the intention of going through the twisties, but I have another hobby that takes funds from that one! Lol
Fast in a straight line is one thing. Fast in the corners is a whole other ball game.
I have a sports car that I planned on racing before my eyes took a left turn.
It was a dream of mine. My favorite circuit car was the Ford GT40 from the 60's.
Ford did a remake as a perk for their dealers. Sticker was about 140 but you couldn't touch one for less that 210 and those were promised to their best customers and sponsee's. Power to weight was off the charts.
We must get together I don't have a TDL so I cannot race at the track, but I am a member of a few 5.0 groups in Houston and they know safe spots to burn rubber and "show off". It's a lot of fun, just make sure you don't hit a curb or mess up, it will be on the internet before you can blink ... lol.

This is my all time fave ... I still laugh when I watch it.

https://www.facebook.com/cleetusmcfa...3369604367282/
Fast in a straight line is one thing. Fast in the corners is a whole other ball game. Originally Posted by Permission2Look
Very true, that's why they made the McKinney exit off of 45

If you can go 50+ around that thing while staying in one lane, you're pretty fucking awesome.

Everytime I take that exit my son starts screaming "weeeee" .... "go mommy go". Most precious moments of my life!

mckinn.jpg
We must get together I don't have a TDL so I cannot race at the track, but I am a member of a few 5.0 groups in Houston and they know safe spots to burn rubber and "show off". It's a lot of fun, just make sure you don't hit a curb or mess up, it will be on the internet before you can blink ... lol.

This is my all time fave ... I still laugh when I watch it.

https://www.facebook.com/cleetusmcfa...3369604367282/ Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
The Man suspended my license, after a few too many speeding tickets.
I always laugh at your some girls,me me with the VW ,because my daily is a beetle, but at home we ave 18 foxbodies, I accidentally picked up the one in question for $1000, guy said it had a knock .....turns out the mother wasent bolted down( idiots) and also the tranny had a loose bolt so every time you started the car it made a "knock" she's ready to go as soon as I replace the stock exhaust. ....waiting on LMR sucks.
No,not the one on Telephone Rd.

I finally have a 5.0 worthy of the track, and after growing up racing on ranken, I have no idea which test track I wanna take my new baby to,Baytown or Hwp?

Has anyone been to either lately as a driver?
Or maybe just a spectator?

I'm pretty sure my neighbors are tired of my burn outs.....so I need a place where they would be appreciated (lol).

Much appreciation for any input. Originally Posted by nikkivikkisix
You likely know this but Baytown is a full quarter mile and HWP is a 1/8 mile so depends on what you really want to find out. Or you could just take me for a ride and I'll tell you how fast it is!

32 years in the racing industry and a competitive drag racer that is in a few drag strip hall of fames.
DL96
Definitely baytown and maybe get to meet ya also ..lol