Am I wrong?

It seems that there is a double standard when dealing with providers. They expect us to set an appt and keep it. They also expect us to show up properly cleaned and ready when it seems some dont give the same care.
  • bbkid
  • 04-11-2011, 12:10 PM
ool, I think you got yourself far, far too involved with someone you've just met. And, with her, I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say that she's done this with more guys than you can count.
The provider could be totally sincere. Or she could have targeted a vulnerable guy on the rebound, and sees a big payday coming. And from inside the relationship, it can often be difficult to impossible to tell which one it is.

Here's my suggested method to determine if a provider (or any other woman) is into you, or into your wallet:

See what happens when you only pay for standard dating things (like dinner when you two go out) and not her rent, her bills, her shopping spree, etc., etc. See if she remains available to spend time with you.

The experience can let you know whether you're viewed as a mark, as a friend, or as relationship material.

Good luck.
No..you are not wrong.!
In general, it appears women believe all men to be Ken dolls to be dressed, positioned and twisted for their amusement.

There is little respect anymore for masculine abilities or values.
If a male does not provide "chivilrous" services, she will be quick to label him a worthless bastard of no value and tell the planet how she was wronged.

You may note that in most 1st world countries, you will find little gratitude for anything you may have done that would be considered hero status in other countries.

I once saw a construction worker in a small village in India jump into flood waters to save a small child...The parents and the entire town idolized him for the 3 weeks I was there. Particularly the women.!

I witnessed an almost identical occurance in the UK...the mother's response was to take the child and scream at her husband that he was an asshole.
The hero of that situation was ignored...although he did get a few beers and some consoling words from the guys that evening in the pub, the women were noticibly absent.

Dont take it personally...they seem to be raised that way.

Guess this is something you already knew...
RATZzz...Preachin to teh choir again.
L8r
r9
I don't know the story behind this post, but based on your general comments, no, there should be no double standards between sexes, races, cultures. My simple philosophy - treat others with respect, politeness, and honesty, and if they don't do the same in return, don't waste any more time. Move forward and don't look back. You will find someone sweet to obliterate the lingering taste of the sour apples.
I know the story....

I don't think she targeted you. However judging from only your side of the story, it seems she is allowed a lot of freedom here while you are not. Doesn't sound very mutual to me.

If it was me I'd probably take the ride anyway Who knows it may work out.

Yes they have double standards.
I this just a useless rant or are you going to out her for the rest of us.
He already did in a sense....

The post was edited because in no way was I slandering or trying to make this about her. She is a wonderful individual and I have nothing bad to say about her.

I was just seeking insight from those of you that had been down that path before and to understand if I was wrong.

I have used this board before her so thought nothing of using it again for my own knowledge. Similar threads have shed light on the subject, that was all I was seeking.
I was just seeking insight from those of you that had been down that path before .... Originally Posted by offonleave
I think I was on that "path" when I first recognized that I had a "penis" and "she" didn't have a penis.....Later on "she" told me what "she" didn't have that I couldn't see was "special" ... and what I did have was not... because "she" could see those any time "she" wanted to see one.
I honestly have no idea if there is a double standard or not as the story is left untold. However, no - the lady and the gentleman should be fresh and groomed to meet their playmate.
- the lady and the gentleman should be fresh ... to meet their playmate. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Does "fresh" mean:

"Not .... ridden hard and put up wet"?

Just askin'.
It seems that there is a double standard when dealing with providers. They expect us to set an appt and keep it. They also expect us to show up properly cleaned and ready when it seems some dont give the same care. Originally Posted by offonleave

Yep. What's your point?