Anyone ever been to New Zealand?

If so, what is it like? What kind of advice would you give me about New Zealand? Also, any good tips about the flight there (since there is a HUGE time difference and my jetlag would be awful I'm sure).

There is a pretty good chance that I might be taking a trip there in the near future and any insight would be most welcomed.

My folks went to Australia / New Zealand about 20 years ago. They said that New Zealand was far more scenic than Australia.
Skydiving!!! And benedryl for the flight. Sleep your way thru the hell that is air travel.
My mom is from there and I have been about 10 times in my life. Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
I wish I could sleep on a plane but I just can't!!

Skydiving!!! And benedryl for the flight. Sleep your way thru the hell that is air travel. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
  • harry
  • 04-16-2014, 08:13 PM
I haven't been but know that New Zealand is beautiful. The Lord of The Rings movies were filmed on location in New Zealand. So you can get an idea of what New Zealand looks like by watching those movies. I've heard it's a very cool place. I'd love to visit there someday. Also their seasons are the opposite of ours. When it's summer here, it's winter in New Zealand.
I am very jealous, I hear it is beautiful there...look forward to hearing about it when you get back...
Lots of sunscreen. They have a hole in the ozone down under. Highest skin cancer rates in the world.
Awesome. Thanks for the feed back. I could be that I might end up living there. :-). From what I can see it is beautiful.

Me a kiwi by way of America? LOL. I will be the one with the funny accent for a change. LOL
Yep. It's a LONG, LONG flight. Makes flying to Japan feel like a domestic flight. If you can't sleep on a plane -- and I can't sleep sitting up -- it's just a living hell if you're in coach. That being said, it's a great place once you are there. Especially Auckland. One of my favorite cities.
My Aussie friends say that if you pat a NZ chick on the head her pants fall off, but I have no idea if that is true or not.
LOL! That is funny. Yes, I saw how long the flight is that is why I will be getting aisle seat so I can get up and walk around from time to time. I've never been out of the country before so that flight will be like getting baptized with fire.
Never mind...half awake posting error!
I haven't been but know that New Zealand is beautiful. The Lord of The Rings movies were filmed on location in New Zealand. So you can get an idea of what New Zealand looks like by watching those movies. I've heard it's a very cool place. I'd love to visit there someday. Also their seasons are the opposite of ours. When it's summer here, it's winter in New Zealand. Originally Posted by harry

Watch out for orcs, fairies, dwarves, etc ...
If so, what is it like? What kind of advice would you give me about New Zealand? Also, any good tips about the flight there (since there is a HUGE time difference and my jetlag would be awful I'm sure).

There is a pretty good chance that I might be taking a trip there in the near future and any insight would be most welcomed.

Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
Just back from 3 weeks there, in February - March, their summer. Delightful time, extremely friendly people, beautiful scenery, many things to do and see. US citizen world travelers, invariably will tell you when asked what was their favorite place to visit, will say, "New Zealand!"

More things to see, IMHO, on the South Island, than the North, but didn't get to Rotorua for geothermal stuff, as had been to Yellowstone. Did enjoy Bay of Islands at end of 3 weeks, however. There's probably a greater variety of things to see and do in an area the size of the state of Colorado, than anywhere else on the globe.

Link to residency info...

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Official travel site...
http://www.newzealand.com/us/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/nz.html

Hope this helps!