Last Week for a Long While... I'm going to Miss you All

Well I'm going to miss everyone. I'm leaving the hobby in 9 days to have major surgery on my left knee. My total recovery time is 18 months.. but hopefully I will be back way before then.

I've had problems with my knee for the last 4 yrs and finaly going to get it repaired. I'm having the Carticel proceedure done to replace cartilage. This last April I had the first part of this proceedure done, an arthoscope to retreive good cartilage so they can send it off to a lab and grow my own cells. Those cells will be placed in my knee to grow and make new cartilage. The first 12 weeks I will be immobile so it gives time for the new cells to start the process of attaching themselves to my body. The second step is rehab.. Rehab will be a long and tough process but it has to be done for a full recovery.

Hopefully after the 12 weeks I can come back on "light duty". But until then you will find me in chat being I will be bored to tears not moving off the couch much. Until then, I hope in the next 9 days I can wear you all out. :P

Wish me luck, I'm reallly anxious to get this proceedure out of the way.

Who wants to volunteer to be my nurse while I'm down?
I hope the procedure work for you and that you are back in full form soon.

Take care TS
Good luck! keep in touch!

i wish i can relax at home for weeks

take care of that dog, hehe
I got a nurse uniform...hehe

Good luck and take care sweetie....

BDS
Hope all goes well.
I got a nurse uniform...hehe

Good luck and take care sweetie....

BDS Originally Posted by babydollsnow

I wonder if we can get one of the guys to wear it for me... LOL

thanks y'all... It's good to know I'm going to be missed.
Good Luck... good chance to get your post count up. That seems to be a big thing around these parts.
ill come by and help you shower
ill come by and help you shower Originally Posted by thefranchiseus
I'm going to need all the help I can get.... But I can't take showers....Baths only and I will need help getting in and out without getting my incision wet.
best of luck to you!!!
ill be there to give you sponge baths hun

I'm going to need all the help I can get.... But I can't take showers....Baths only and I will need help getting in and out without getting my incision wet. Originally Posted by TexasStarr
Good luck sweethart.I had my entire right knee replaced ,and after the surgery for the first 6 weeks it hurts like hell.But now I am almost a year post surgery and wish I would have replaced it sooner. Get alot of ice because you will need it for the first month.
Good Luck sweety, Dont walk around too much on it. Stay safe!
I'll be thinking about you, TS. I've been through a lot of these kinds of procedures. You'll be fine. But 12 weeks without??? You poor thing. TG for buzzers...
TopCat

P. S. I can think of plenty of positions that wouldn't require you to bend your knee. And I would be happy to come over and demonstrate them during your recuperation.
I think this would be a good time to run a monthly DATY contest. 18 winners then a lick off contest.

Good luck and I hope you have a peedy recovery.