Swinger's clubs for young couple new to lifestyle

Me and my girlfriend are curious to check out a swinger's club. We don't really plan to 'swing', but the idea of being at a club where anything goes sounds like it could be fun for us. We would probably just want to drink, dance, and then get nasty at the club.

I did some research and I really like the sound of Club Colette. The other one I found was 13th floor. It's kinda hard to find a lot of impressions of both, so wanted to see if anyone here had any feedback.

We want:
-club with a bar or byob
-18+ (not 21+)

I have no idea what to expect, but, since neither of us plan to swing, we obviously want to be comfortable just doing our own thing, and just maybe talking to a few other people, but that's it. Would prefer a place that is sorta like an 'entry level' swingers club and not go somewhere where everyone but us seems to be swinging.

I'm okay with whatever.. even if I walk into some hardcore orgy, no big deal, but I want to make sure my girlfriend has a good experience as this could lead to more similar outings for us. She's also mentioned wanting to go to a strip club with me, so as long as she has a good time at both, this could be an ongoing thing for us, which would make me very happy

Also, what is the dress code like for these things? Do people dress like they would at a club, or can girls get away with just lingerie?
13th floor has a pretty nice setup if you just want to watch.
13th floor has a pretty nice setup if you just want to watch. Originally Posted by slowmover
From the reviews I read, it seems like you'll find a younger crowd at Colette. What's the dress code like at 13th floor?
Also check out Velvet Curtain.
The dress code for most of these clubs....The women, dress sexy/club wear and the guys, dress to impress/business casual. Most ladies take some lingerie to change into.
Have fun!
IMHO, Colette's is the best of the bunch in Dallas. Each place has its pluses and minuses.

1. Colette's has a great location and is very higher end type club with a younger, more beautiful crowd. They just installed a voyeur room, which is just what it sounds like. It's BYOB, but you pay for set ups and mixers.

2. 13th floor is a fun club, the clientele is a little more mixed age wise. They have a covered patio with a fireplace, 2 hot tubs and a king size bed on the patio. It's BYOB and mixers and sodas,etc are free. You're not even allowed to to the bartenders.

3. Velvet curtain is kind of a dump. The people were friendly, but the place was small and in a more industrial part of town. I wouldn't recommend it.

Just my opinion, PM if you have more questions.
Thanks for all the helpful responses. We still haven't had a chance to check one out yet, but seems like Colette is the place to be and on a Saturday night.

I know it's an 'on-premise club'. Does that mean anything goes wherever or do they have designated areas for certain things? My girlfriend is just really into a lot of PDA, so she's curious to know how much you can get into on the dance floor and the public areas. Thanks.
The rule at Colette's is, once inside the door, anything goes. I've seen people have fun everywhere at that place.
How do you gain access to these places?
Know the secret handshake and you are in.
What is the secret handshake?
http://cwww.colettedallas.com/dallas/events.php

at Colette's, just show up (usually around 9:30 or so) and sign in, pay your door fee and you're off to the races!

13th floor you have to email and make a reservation. No big deal.
Keep in mind all swingers clubs in DFW are BYOB.
How do you gain access to these places? Originally Posted by larry402
Be sure to check the clubs website for addmittance info. There are often restrictions on single guys being allowed in. Go as a couple and there should be no problems getting in
Collettes would be my suggestion. !3th Floor's guests were very unnattractive, IMHO. Single men were very common, which means some ' vulturing '. The women were older, and larger.

Collettes is best on a Saturday night, after 11:00. I saw a number of very attractive flamingos ( spiked heel beauties ) shuffling along, tugged by their feaux-hawked beaus. I was surprised on the three times I visited how many good looking women were there. However, that DID NOT mean they were all mambo'ing. Lots of peering, and slow walks. There was a good amount of activity in the semi-private ( gossamer veiled ) rooms, which is a good sign.

Be prepared for the usual crew of folks disobeying the rules. Rules ? What Rules ? Yea, guys leave their mates / crew and boorishly hunt your woman down. They don't seem to have a clue on model behavior, perhaps because of their youth.

The club is very nice, with a dance floor, a nice bar, and lots of play areas. You should have a great time there, and use it as a benchmark for further comparison.

I had a blast there every time I have visited.