Voter apathy, how to fix?

So in a # of threads, we have seen people mention that part of our issue in the US, is lack of voter turnout. IN otherwords Voter apathy. ADD to that a lot of irregularities in who is supposed to be registered to vote/able to vote, and the Leftists hankering and obstructioning of ANY ATTEMPT to make it mandatory to show ID to vote..

So what do you all think about going to a mandatory vote, like a # of other countries do.. YOU HAVE to vote, or potentially face charges/fines?
Who gives a shit?
Who gives a shit? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
DOTY TIME FOR YOU!!!!
So in a # of threads, we have seen people mention that part of our issue in the US, is lack of voter turnout. IN otherwords Voter apathy. ADD to that a lot of irregularities in who is supposed to be registered to vote/able to vote, and the Leftists hankering and obstructioning of ANY ATTEMPT to make it mandatory to show ID to vote..

So what do you all think about going to a mandatory vote, like a # of other countries do.. YOU HAVE to vote, or potentially face charges/fines? Originally Posted by garhkal
bad idea. we used to have a poll tax for those who wanted to vote. it'd be the reverse of that.
bad idea. we used to have a poll tax for those who wanted to vote. it'd be the reverse of that. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Fare enough.. No poll tax.
So how else should we get voting #s up??
Fare enough.. No poll tax.
So how else should we get voting #s up?? Originally Posted by garhkal
Clone Trump and run him for all seats.
Involuntary participation? With nearly half the population not voting I can just imagine who they would vote for in revenge. Micky Mouse? Darth Vader? Hillary Clinton? Maybe they're fans of Triple H or Charlie Sheen. If people don't want to vote then I say let them stay home. Only wish we could do the same to to people who don't do any thinking or research before their vote.
Involuntary participation? With nearly half the population not voting I can just imagine who they would vote for in revenge. Micky Mouse? Darth Vader? Hillary Clinton? Maybe they're fans of Triple H or Charlie Sheen. If people don't want to vote then I say let them stay home. Only wish we could do the same to to people who don't do any thinking or research before their vote. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Most don't they just vote their party ticket.
I'd say talk to people, not that it would do any good. I always hear "it does not matter if I vote". I just keep talking to them about it.

I'd like to see the return of the poll tax. at least those who wanted to vote has some skin in the process.
I'd like to see the return of the poll tax. at least those who wanted to vote has some skin in the process. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
One option i saw someone mention a while back on another site (before the site got hacked and went down). Was everyone pays a fee when they register to vote.. Say $200 for a 4 yr registration. You vote, you get re-funded $50 each year.