Jakarta for those (like me) who don't speak Bahasa Indonesia

• Tiny
  • 08-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Just posted this in the men's private section of eccie in answer to a question, and thought I'd post it here too:

You've probably already figured it out, but some of the best venues with English speaking women are,

BATS, the bar in the basement of the Shangrila hotel
CJ's, the bar on the second floor of hotel Mulia
Bars on Jalan Faletahan in Blok M. Top Gun, My Bar, and D's are all good

All the of the above start semi-late, maybe around 11:00 PM. BATS and CJ's are a little on the pricey side, maybe 1 million for a looker for short time, while the Blok M options are cheap.

For daytime action, Maribaya massage on the 6th floor of the Melawai Hotel in Blok M is a good option.

There are a ton of options in north Jakarta that aren't as friendly to the non-English speaker. On the pricier side are Alexis and Malioboro. Both have Indonesians as well as foreigners (Chinese, Thai, and at Malioboro even Colombians). I'm not a big fan of Alexis. I am a fan of Malioboro.

I'd strongly recommend you get in touch with Jakarta After Dark (JAD) and do a tour: http://www.jakartaafterdark.com/

He'll show you places off the beaten track, and north Jakarta is difficult to navigate if you don't know the language. You can return on your own after you've gotten the lay of the land from JAD.
  • M_A
  • 11-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Let's not forget about Alexis Hotel.... My GAWD let's not forget about Alexis