There’s human years, doggie years, and ………

We’ve all heard that for every 1 human year, it’s the equivalent of 7 dog years. So I got to thinking recently. What about hobby years? How many hobby years for every one human year? No seriously. I’ve been hobbying for over 4 years now. And when I stop and think about the road I’ve traveled, there have been many many changes in the hobby community, and myself. Providers, as well as hobbyists, they come and they go. And sometimes, many times, they come back. Nevertheless things change rapidly in this hobby of our’s. This site has changed a lot in 4 years thanks to legislation with unintended (or intended, you decide) consequences. But I also thought about how I’ve changed in the past 4 plus years. I feel like I’ve aged a lot. Much more so than the preceding 4 years. If I I had to put a number on it I would say that I feel like I’ve aged 8 years or so during this time. So I would estimate 2 hobby years for every one calendar year.
Could the stress of leading a double life have something to do with it? Probably. Maybe it’s because I don’t venture out as much as I used to, and there’s also stress associated with that.

If anyone cares to opine, I would be interested in hearing what hobby years mean to other folks here. Providers and hobbyists. (Please don’t call the guys in white coats to come take me away over this post)
It's a ongoing issue with me. Nice encounters make me feel younger. Then you have a week where everything is a problem you go this is the reasons I'm too old for this. Luckily it doesn't happen very often.
And of course hooker years where their age in their profile does not change over 20 years
Hobbyn age depends a lot on who see some providers make you feel youthful and full if energy and others just drain the very life out of you
I also noticed that when you see one that was great and she leaves for a while and then comes back she doesn't seem to be as good as my memory says she was but I am just a old guy venting
I agree with you Austin that leading a double life definitely takes it’s toll. At a few points I have even led a triple life and lived to tell about it. I don’t know how much it has aged me but I have been in the hobby for over 10 years but it seems much much longer. At least I can say I have a lifetime of experiences to show for it and that is what keeps me coming back for more. Always in search of that elusive unicorn…

We’ve all heard that for every 1 human year, it’s the equivalent of 7 dog years. So I got to thinking recently. What about hobby years? How many hobby years for every one human year? No seriously. I’ve been hobbying for over 4 years now. And when I stop and think about the road I’ve traveled, there have been many many changes in the hobby community, and myself. Providers, as well as hobbyists, they come and they go. And sometimes, many times, they come back. Nevertheless things change rapidly in this hobby of our’s. This site has changed a lot in 4 years thanks to legislation with unintended (or intended, you decide) consequences. But I also thought about how I’ve changed in the past 4 plus years. I feel like I’ve aged a lot. Much more so than the preceding 4 years. If I I had to put a number on it I would say that I feel like I’ve aged 8 years or so during this time. So I would estimate 2 hobby years for every one calendar year.
Could the stress of leading a double life have something to do with it? Probably. Maybe it’s because I don’t venture out as much as I used to, and there’s also stress associated with that.

If anyone cares to opine, I would be interested in hearing what hobby years mean to other folks here. Providers and hobbyists. (Please don’t call the guys in white coats to come take me away over this post) Originally Posted by austin88998833
Old hookers never die, They just lie there and take it.