Republicans need to rethink their thoughs on Rape

Clearly their positions aren't working for them.

Failblog lol
Republicans had a widespread case of foot in mouth disease this election cycle.
First off ...... the 2012 Republican Party is a disorganized bucket of shit!

But how rethinking their thoughts of rape will help them gain votes with 93% of all Blacks and 71% of all Latinos voting for President Obama is beyond me. Social programs help lock up that voting block ...... not views on rape.
First off ...... the 2012 Republican Party is a disorganized bucket of shit! Originally Posted by tttalinky
Not much argument there.

But how rethinking their thoughts of rape will help them gain votes with 93% of all Blacks and 71% of all Latinos voting for President Obama is beyond me. Social programs help lock up that voting block ...... not views on rape. Originally Posted by tttalinky
You're pointing to the wrong group. Rethinking their thoughts on rape may or may not help gain black and Latino votes. But it will almost certainly gain some women votes. As close as Florida and a few other states were, that could be more than enough to tip a few states.

The bad news for the Dems is that Akin, Mourdock and all those others lost, but there were only slight changes in Congress.

The Tea Party has two main factions - right to lifers and the anti-tax, small government types.

The right to life candidates got beat. But the small government ones who avoided the abortion issue did not. In the long run, that will help the GOP marginalize the religious fanatics. They will still be stuck with supporting the GOP, but they won't have any candidates under their thumb.

If the economy remains sluggish or - God help us - get worse over the next 2 years, the GOP will have an even bigger landslide in 2014 than they did in 2010. The GOP will be able to run OJ Simpson and he'll win.
A few of the tea jerks who were elected just got kicked to the curb...
I think I'm beginning to like you ExNYer. LOL
I think I'm beginning to like you ExNYer. LOL Originally Posted by markroxny
Can't we all just get along?
I think I'm beginning to like you ExNYer. LOL Originally Posted by bootsroxny

Get a room....he'll love your balls slapping him in the chin......
Behave Marshall.

Stay on topic people.
I don't think that is the predominant view of rape among Republicans. But it is shocking that people with that view became major candidates. I think Rick Santorum and Michelle Bachman may have similar views.

One more reason I am a Libertarian.