Meet and Greet Socials

Seems like 4-5 years since we've had regular socials. I remember when we used one of the clubs in Dallas every three months or so, paid a door fee, had a cash bar and snacks, and got to meet the ladies. There were a couple of motels close by so you could spend the night close without driving. What happened? I remember there were a couple of folks who organized them. Made it easy to meet ladies you wanted to get physical with. Any thoughts on how we might get these socials restarted? Or is there no interest?
I seem to remember from a year or two ago that this subject came up, and most people were not in favor of it. If I'm remembering correctly, socials used to be nice, until a bunch of dirtbags ruined them and turned them into drama fests. I did a quick search for the threads I'm remembering, but didn't come up with concrete evidence, so I may be remembering wrong.

You might look at the forum rules (#30) about this as well. Eccie won't condone or sponsor any of these socials.

If somebody else remembers where the threads I'm remembering are, please post a link!
Watch Coed. Periodically, an announcement will be posted of an upcoming social. It will give a contact. The thread will be closed.

As previously stated, social gatherings are not a part of ECCIE.
End of discussion.

Torito