White knight term?

I just recently seen the white knight term and have no idea what it means or how it came about, can some please explain?
I just recently seen the white knight term and have no idea what it means or how it came about, can some please explain? Originally Posted by Denver Broncos
The term implies that the writer is overly supportive of a provider. Some suspect the reasons for writing supportive comments, especially if they are in opposition to generally available comments about the person. "To the rescue" is a phrase that comes to mind when considering a "White Knight" supporting his lady.
The term implies that the writer is overly supportive of a provider. Some suspect the reasons for writing supportive comments, especially if they are in opposition to generally available comments about the person. "To the rescue" is a phrase that comes to mind when considering a "White Knight" supporting his lady. Originally Posted by snowbeard
Great explanation snowbeard. You'll see White Knight also abbreviated as WK (singular) or WK's (plural).
I seen it done in the manner as though it was a bad thing and made me wonder what was the big deal.
Usually you see it when a poor review is posted, especially if its a popular lady. The WK's will ride in on the white horse and defend her, sometimes very vigorously, claiming the reviewer is full of shit or lying. "Their" favorite lady could/would never do such a thing. It assumed the WK is doing it to gain favor with the lady. Thats what makes it a bad thing.
I personally have white knighted before but it was because the lady in question did not deserve the outing in the thread. Several other white knights came to the rescue also. The client in question was a newbie also.