Austin Texas next week

Hello loves I'm visiting Austin was curious is downtown the only safe area for gentlemen to be comfortable
Not sure why you'd see downtown as the only safe place; heard good things about the Arboretum or the Domaine areas are more accessible for the gents. And safe, too.

To me, the most attractive part of downtown would be the Sixth Street music, etc. scene, but imho you definitely need to be careful there, as much as anywhere else.

But I'm not in Austin so much, so perhaps those more familiar with the Austin zones can advise regarding an incall choice.
There is nothing wrong with downtown, It gets a bad wrap because some guys find the center of town to be inconveniently located, and /or put out to pay a few bucks for parking. There are some nice hotels in the NE part of down ( near the Domain) but the best hotels are downtown.
Would not consider the Domain as NE. Would definitely recommend Domain and stay away from NE (I35 areas)
I use Priceline get a 3 star in Austin Central, normally you get one of the nice ones on east side of 35. But stay where your business is Austin traffic can be a bitch if you are on wrong side.

I don't use downtown because of parking.
South Austin baby

IB
Aww so gracious for the insight. Thank you
arboretum is great.....stay safe & have fun
  • tzv13
  • 07-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Go for Arboretum/Domain area.
There is a great scene in DT Austin, but the rooms are pricey and hobbyist hate to pay $16 to park even though the cant wait to spend $300 for an hour of your time! Crowd is generally behaved. Take a cab if it's late.

South Congress is another great area with good bars & resturants, but rooms are limited there. Not sure you'll have much luck on short notice. The San Jose ($$$) or retro Austin Motel are very different, but fun and located on S Congress

The Domain does have some nightlife & great dining. Also a great Whole Foods in reasonable walking distance (if you don't mind all the construction). Rooms there are high though.

The Arboretun is close to the domain. Lots of good options there. I've made a visit or two to the TownePlace on Stonelake (easy walk to a different Whole Foods, yes, l like WF!) and the Homewood Suites sits right next door to a popular bar/resturant (Sam's Boat). Plenty of moderate options there, but not much street activity.

Enjoy our town. I'll PM you, would love to meet you while your here...