Au Natural...up top

So I've been going natural with my hair for the past almost 9 months now and I am loving it! It's more common in black culture (African and AA) for black girls to straighten or relax their hair rather than going natural. I was always a fan of Solange (even before the elevator scene lol) and one of my favorite artists, Esperanza Spaulding, has always been an inspiration to me style-wise. No more having to worry about it getting wet, I can wash it as much as I want to, and yes, you can touch it grab it and pull it. I was surprised to notice with the right care how soft and super curly my natural hair is!

At work today goofing off with a coworker and decided to take some selfies of my au natural do and my face too (I go without makeup most of the time too, especially at my rw job, too much of my surroundings are white and it never fails I get makeup on something! I wear makeup for you though! )

How many other ladies that hobby like to go au natural and let it all hang out (their hair that is) ?

footnote: Ladies other than AA you can respond too, women of all colors feel the pressure of the norm.. extensions, overstyling, etc.

I never go outside natural. My natural hair is very short and coarse. I tried relaxers but most of my hair fell out...and never really grew back. I like the way wigs look and with wigs, I can wear any style I want. Can't do that with my natural hair.
Oh damn baby, I'm sorry to hear that. It is unfortunately not uncommon though, which was part of my reason for wanting to go natural. I bet with a great hair regimen you can get those follicles back moving and soften those locks. Here's a great site I found for natural hair care. www.naturallycurly.com If you have any questions pm me!

xoxo Daph
I wear my own hair as far as my own front porch that's about it lol. Okay and one time in April I left my hotel room looking like Cleo from 'Set It Off' with some pretty sweet cornrows lol.

I don't perm (oops "relax")/texturize anymore (though if I need to slay and lay with a flat iron I will) but I am a lover of all things weaves and wigs lol.
I'm a fan of aunatural. I wind up seeing ladies in their most natural state anyways on overnights. \ot all ladies have the facial features to pull that off though.

I've woken up to ladies with no eyebrows....(they were both drawn on entirely). I don't mind weave......
But if you ladies use a wig.....please let us know ahead of time. Seeing you pull it off before sex ain't my fav........
Whatever you do - DON'T bring back the Jheri Curl!!!
"Jheri Curl" weave. No?

No...

But not the juicy one either lol
Okay and one time in April I left my hotel room looking like Cleo from 'Set It Off' with some pretty sweet cornrows lol.
. Originally Posted by MOCHAakaMOCHA
Her gf in that movie (and her natural) was soooo hot.
Look ladies I do not know who is say that this bullshit ass indian hair is cool. Thats some crap. I may be a rarity, but I love natural hair. If it's short that is a plus. The terrible lace fronts and multi colored weave can go. I think a short haired Nia Long is way more is way more sexier then a long haired Beyonce any day! I think I might do a natural haired eccie list for 2015.
Natural and proud! I've had my current dreadlocks for five years... the set before that was 21 years and I only cut them 'cos I was taking medication that made my hair thin drastically. I can't imagine ever going back to the chemical or heat straightening of my teenage years, much less all the weaves and wigs that are so common nowadays. My only regret is that I can't have my hair in expressive colors... but that's OK, the rest of me just has to be extra-expressive to make up for it!

Another good site for natural hair care: https://www.nappturality.com/
And if you just want inspiration for beautiful natural styles, you can't beat lecoil.com!

Beautiful!! Thank you. I have a friend with dreads down to her ass, they are gorgeous too.
Do Weaves and Wefts Take Away From a True Ebony Experience??

Great thread LD, I had similar questions myself after going natural... My hair dreaded up so I did the big chop AGAIN and will likely do a texturizer.
I used to let mines grow out more but it just kept getting in the way and shit...

This new weave works way better for me...

I love natural hair. Originally Posted by Richard Fitzwell
HELP!!!! I'm at a loss coming from
no hair to a head full of natural hair. I have NO clue what to
do w/this hair. It's like velcro (giggles)
and i don't want to cut it. Any help
is appreciated. Thx!