How far in advance should you usually book an appointment?

I was just wondering if there is any kind of etiquette rules concerning how far in advance you book an appointment? In particular, I'm interested in the ladies perspective in how much in advance hey typically prefer. I know this is going to a YMMV type question, but I was curious and didn't see another topic in my searches.

Would time between booking and appointment time ever be a reason that you would elect to just not see someone?
Also, I was wondering about "pre-screening." Usually when I decide I'm looking, I put out a few feelers and see who bites, and as a result end up getting screened by a few providers each time, but I don't always see them all immediately. Often I will look to see these providers later so as to avoid the pain. Is this typical? Do you consider screening to be something that has an expiration date? Is this a normal event, or is there a stigma attached to it?

Inquiring mind(s) want to know
I am already booking ladies for October 2018.
I start two weeks out to get screening with several providers. Then start trying to schedule a day and time with a couple, eventually committing to one provider two days ahead and reconfirming with her the say before and the day of the session. I do not double book and no-show one of them, though I've had a provider or two do that to me.
I don't double book either. You are gonna be unfair to one of them. Past that, it depends. I have loosely booked with one lady weeks in advance to help convince her to make a trip. Local ladies, I like to book at least a few days in advance and confirm the day before. I don't like last minute at all. I have a SO and I need to plan.
It depends. Sometimes you know way in advance when you will be able to play. Other times, it maybe spur of the moment. I've run the gamut from 2 weeks to 1 hour (or less). It all depends on availability of both you and the provider. BTW, I see nothing wrong with having solid plans A and B in order. I don't know how many times plan A has failed and I had to resort to plan B. Now, I never "double book" girls-- i.e. confirming an appt with 2 girls at the same time. I will tentatively line something up with 2 girls for dates but will only confirm with one. If she falls through, I know plan B is probably available or at least flexible with meeting me.
Generally, unless it's later in the night and I'm bored/horny....I book a few days in advance with confirmation the day before.
I think 1-2 weeks advance for those providers traveling to city. I think 1-4 days advance for those providers already in a city. For the local gals I would think 1 day would be enough.
Every lady is different for me I welcome advance booking so I have gents who might contact me 1-2 months in advance if they have made their travel plans that far in advance.Not every gent does this.
Most tend to contact me 1-3 wks in advance and some will contact me the day before or same day.
There is not a rule to advance booking since some providers will accept requests in advance and then there are others who want you to contact them when you get to town.
Just my .02

I can't think of a reason I would decline an appt booked in advance but cancel before appt time unless his correspondence is disrespectful then I would decline.

I have had gents pre-screen usually it is via P411 pre-screen request.
Sometimes a gent might want to get the screening out of the way especially if he is not too sure on his travel plans or how much availability he might have.Some ladies will do a pre-screen and others will view guys who do this as timewasters.If I pre-screen a gent but do not end up seeing him and he has no idea when he is coming back to my city or his availability and its months later.
He would need to be verified again I don't hold onto his screening info for a just in case if no appt has been set.
It's a full time job staying booked!
When touring, i start booking several weeks in advance with my regulars. IF i have any availability then ill start doing ads about a week in advance.
When not touring, I have traveling guys who book way in advance. Just the other day I did one that had booked last February for this August. I have 3 that are booked for November. The local guys tend to book a week or less in advance.

I ignore and laugh at the guys who pm me and say "hey im in tulsa and on lunch, you available now" like im sitting at my incall just staring at my inbox waiting for someone to pm me and you know... screen in 2 minutes. Riiiiiight
I personally book anything from a couple hours prior (if they are already screened or I have seen them before) to a couple of months in advance. On the shorter notice bookings, it depends on what else I am doing that day. I low volume and don't book more than one person a day, so that also plays into the equation.

I think pre-screening is great especially if your schedule is somewhat unpredictable. I would mention to them that you are pre-screening. FYI - if multiple ladies ask for a reference from the same guy in a short amount of time, I'll let the ladies know. So if you say you are pre-screening, they know you are not trying to double book.

Double bookings are hard to plan around because a lady may have turned someone else away to honor that booking. For me, it is a case by case basis, but if someone frequently cancels especially within 48 hours - I will not see or book them again.

Pre-screening expiration date. HHhmmmm...never really had a pre-screening that didn't book within a couple of weeks. I would have to think about if it is over a couple of months old.
1 to 3 hours. If she's not available then move on to next one on the list. This is sex, not a dentist appointment.
Just to be clear, I would never double book either, because as others have said, someone is always getting screwed (see what I did there!) in that case.

.If I pre-screen a gent but do not end up seeing him and he has no idea when he is coming back to my city or his availability and its months later.
He would need to be verified again I don't hold onto his screening info for a just in case if no appt has been set. Originally Posted by jaydalee
I can understand that for sure. But I always keep my pm history from a successful verification when I don't book an appointment so 2, maybe 3 months down the line I can reply to it and demonstrate that verification was completed at that time. How would you look upon something like that?
I think 1-2 weeks advance for those providers traveling to city. I think 1-4 days advance for those providers already in a city. For the local gals I would think 1 day would be enough. Originally Posted by rrabbit6926
+1 I agree.. If you have PF411 that makes it even easier for last minutes appointments!!
I am already booking ladies for October 2018. Originally Posted by pyramider
Put me there

I had a guy book a year out...he lived in Switzerland and was going on a vacation for that time....the date went thru and all was good!

I prefer a guy to prebook....especially since I travel most of the time.It helps me gauge the interest for my next tour.