Shit That Really Takes the Wind out of Your Sails....

My Cat Died early yesterday morning, thankfully in his sleep...

I dont have children and I raised him from one week old.....bottle feeding him so....He was my son and beloved to me.

He got sick and died within one week(dont know if Id reccomend City Vet, he's gone and maybe God took him but I feel like he went downhill once he was hospitalized...)

Here in the hobby it's not wise to wear one's heart on one's sleeve unless one is very thick skinned....But I abstain 100% from alcohol,tobacco and drugs and am RAW.....

I named him Odysseus....and I hope we find one another again I loved him so much...

For those that believe in an afterlife....i was sitting quietly around 4am yesterday and distinctly heard his "meow"(he died in his sleep at the hospital,7 years old incidentally)
This was undoubtedly the moment he left his body and he found his daddy one more time to give me his love.....

Really has knocked me down folks....

God Bless
You really need god

You really putting this bs on this website smh

Pray more and be more positive
I am sorry for your loss, Butch.

I remember when I was still living at home we lost our family cat that we had for 6 years.

She went out the house like she always done 1000 of times before and then she crossed our street to go to the yards of the houses across from us like she has always done 1000 of times before and on that day, she was hit by a car.

We got her when she was already 6 years old so she was at least 12 years old by then.

I think her senses and reaction time were just not like they used to be anymore.

My sister was 12 years old at the time and that was her cat:

she was a birthday present from Dad.

I think my sister did cry for a couple of days: she barely came out of her room during those 2 days.

In the time we had her, she had 2 litters: 4 and 5.

I still remember the first time she had a litter I was in Middle school.

I came home from school and I haven't even kicked my shoes off or put my school books down and Mom grab me by my arm and said:

Quick! You got to come see this!

We went into the garage where our cat was in a box lined with towels and she was nursing 4 kittens that were only a couple of hours old.

I still have a photo of her:

p.s. did you know a cat can have 3 litters per year with an average of 4-5 kittens per litter and in an average cat lifetime of 15 years, a cat can have up to 225 kittens?
Dogs are better than cats
I know exactly how you feel. I've had 6 of them over the years, not counting the ones my parents had when I was growing up. They give you so much, but it's so, so hard when you lose one. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm not a cat lover, but I do love dogs. I still grieve over that loss of dogs over 20 years ago. But the best cure is to grieve awhile, and load up again. A new pet will help heal the broken heart, at least partially.

We are humans, we need to love someone, whether it is the opposite sex, or a pet.
  • Kmac
  • 02-28-2019, 07:12 AM
Sorry for your loss Butch. I'm a dog and cat person as well. It's always tough when they cross the Rainbow Bridge.
You really putting this bs on this website smh Originally Posted by Captain23
That's such a heartless and poopy thing for you to say to Butch.

For many, losing a pet is the same [or even worse than] as losing a parent or a sibling or a child.

Have you ever lost a parent or a sibling or a child or a pet?

Where's your sense of human compassion and civil dignity?
That's such a heartless and poopy thing for you to say to Butch.

For many, losing a pet is the same [or even worse than] as losing a parent or a sibling or a child.

Have you ever lost a parent or a sibling or a child or a pet?

Where's your sense of human compassion and civil dignity? Originally Posted by CG2014
^^^ This.
  • oeb11
  • 02-28-2019, 08:21 AM
Sorry for your Loss - BC
They do become family, and much Loved
Take some time to Heal before you invite another into Home and Heart.
Very sorry for your loss man
=A new pet will help heal the broken heart, at least partially.

We are humans, we need to love someone, whether it is the opposite sex, or a pet. Originally Posted by LargeBreastFan
That is soooo true.

That is why women who are on a rebound after just breaking up or getting divorced are at their loosest, wildest, and sluttiest.
Truly sorry for your loss. They are important in a lot of our lives. I’ve had pets all my life. They are way more loyal, loving and generous with their affection than any human I’ve ever met.

Understand your loss totally and I’m touched you chose to share with us. Fuck the asshats who take joy in making others feel bad.
  • Crock
  • 02-28-2019, 11:54 AM
Losing a pet can be just like losing any other family member. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks community I really appreciate