Weird ways of posting phone numbers

I have always wondered why women, especially on BP use strange ways of posting their phone numbers. The answer I always got was to make it harder to do a number search. Well Google can do amazing things with anything that even remotely appears to be a phone number. Try it. You may be surprised. I suspect many still do it based on that outdated idea.

But, I learned another reason for doing so that most may not know. BP does cooperate with LE for underage prostitution and human trafficking prevention. One thing they do is phone number searches for known numbers. But, BP only does literal searched. Like xxx.xxx.xxxx or xxxxxxxxxx. They do not search for spellings or special characters inserted as numbers.

Ladies, don't do this stuff. It makes it hard to read. Any time you make us do extra work or effort to be able to contact you, you loose customers. We are men, you need to make it as easy as possible for us to be able to give you our money
I have always wondered why women, especially on BP use strange ways of posting their phone numbers. The answer I always got was to make it harder to do a number search. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Maybe they are hiding from someone - not necessarily the police. But definitely a red flag.
I notice the trend growing heavy, I am curious of the logic behind this as well.
  • KylaD
  • 12-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Not sure about this either I always thought it was to deter prank calls from children or something. I bet half the one who use this method doesnt even know why they are doing it either, they are just following the trend
I used to do it to guarantee anyone who called knew English
  • L.A.
  • 12-09-2014, 12:17 PM
I like it when I'm bored...trying to figure it out is like working a puzzle.
mixed numbers and letters is a turnoff... and makes me think more then twice about the intentions. i.e maybe the same number for multiple ads/girls but formatted differently
It's annoying as fuck.
  • M69
  • 12-09-2014, 03:21 PM
There is another reason people do this on craigslist and BP ads. People have written scrapers to capture email addresses and phone numbers and use them for marketing lists. By posting a combo of number and spelled out numbers, the scrapers don't get their information.