New Announcement

The FDA has announced that breast implants are not a lifetime solution.

Lifespan of 8-10 years and then repairs or replacements are needed.

Kinda like Lasik surgery.

I wonder if the costs of replacements are the same as the original costs?
Link?
How can the FDA call that an announcement? Any plastic surgeon will tell you that when you go for a consultation. Now there are different time frames for the different type of implants out there. Saline is about 10 years assuming no rupture and the flat tire happens. Now the silicone are a bit different. The new ones also known as the "gummie" which is a type that if rupture will not leak out into the body (I have this kind) the time frame is a bit better at 15 to 20 years. Again any plastic surgeon will tell you this. Almost all implants are insured when you get them meaning that when they need replaced which means all you pay for is the doctor, anesthesiologist, and hospital fees which means it is about $1000 to $2000 cheaper than when you first get them. Again this depends on which type of implant you have. Saline is cheaper than silicone for obvious reason but I prefer the "gummies" cause they feel more natural and many people cannot even tell I have implants.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/0...ants-for-life/

This isn't new news. Doctors have been telling their patients that they will have to have some type of surgery to replace within 10-15 yrs after their first surgery for years.
So all those boob jobs I paid for in my wild and crazy middle age could come back to me for repairs?

AAAHHH life ya gotta love it.
This might be old news, but the FDA did issue a new report just today. It was reported in MedScape News, as well as other general news outlets

The report is linked at the top of the "Recent Updates" section of the FDA's Consumer Updates page. A permanent link is http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm259825.htm

Their report includes a link to a newly redesigned page on implants: http://www.fda.gov/breastimplants
So all those boob jobs I paid for in my wild and crazy middle age could come back to me for repairs?

AAAHHH life ya gotta love it. Originally Posted by catnipdipper
I have a friend who is 40 and has had three sets. Some of this was her fault; she thought she wanted a really big set the first time. They were so uncomfortable that she had a smaller set install. The second set was removed, and a more natural third set was installed. It seems that the really big set gave her a lot of back problems trying to carry them around.

To me, she looked just fine before the first set was installed. This is a very personal thing for women that men just don't quite fully comprehend. My first wife was all tears when she had to have hers removed in her fight with breast cancer. Forget the breasts, her health and her life were much more important. The cancer finally got her, but our three daughters learned that the mind is more beautiful than the body.

She was young, 30, and she got her yearly exam: it still got her. To all the ladies: you are an important person. Schedule the yearly exam.

JR
I have a friend who is 40 and has had three sets. Some of this was her fault; she thought she wanted a really big set the first time. They were so uncomfortable that she had a smaller set install. The second set was removed, and a more natural third set was installed. It seems that the really big set gave her a lot of back problems trying to carry them around.

To me, she looked just fine before the first set was installed. This is a very personal thing for women that men just don't quite fully comprehend. My first wife was all tears when she had to have hers removed in her fight with breast cancer. Forget the breasts, her health and her life were much more important. The cancer finally got her, but our three daughters learned that the mind is more beautiful than the body.

She was young, 30, and she got her yearly exam: it still got her. To all the ladies: you are an important person. Schedule the yearly exam.

JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Before long they are going to be like the hoses on gas pumps, with quick disconnects and emergency shut-offs. A lady will be able to just bolt them on and off depending on what size she want's at any given time.
Sorry JR,

I did not read all of your post and I certainly meant no disrespect.
I just read the part about 3 sets.
Real boobs don't "last" a lifetime either. LOL.
Real boobs don't "last" a lifetime either. LOL. Originally Posted by Allie_Kat
Sorry JR,

I did not read all of your post and I certainly meant no disrespect.
I just read the part about 3 sets. Originally Posted by malwoody

Malwoody,

No problem. I have been very lucky to have been married to three wonderful women in my life. The hobby has been good to me after the death of two of them. It is better to be in the arms of a beautiful woman who treats you right, than to sit and talk to a shrink. But my young daughters did not need to know about my sex life.

The entry about breast cancer was only to connect the extreme (word used carefully) emphasis that women place on their boobs. It is like a means of self identification. The reasoning seems to be: I am a real girl because I have boobs; or get me some bigger ones and I will be more of a woman. I am still at a place of wonder about the excitement all of my daughters had when they first started to show. "Look at me, I am now a real woman." I was lucky to have the girls talk to me about anything and everything.

After seeing the trauma of having breasts removed on several women, the real message is that the person is more important than the body.

It is kind of like Nam, for years some of the guys would call me to get together. My gentle reminder was always: the war is over, let's move on with life; we have already been to hell, let us not visit that place again even in our minds.

The loss of a limb in war, or the loss of a breast are both a deeply distressing experience. Some women, like some war vets, carry the anger through life. Some of the girls have been abused and after talking with them I find out that they just want to have a normal loving experience. All of us should recognize that, regardless of the past, we live our lives from this day forward. If you need a new set of tits, get them; but the tits, while we all appreciate them (and some guys appreciate them very much), don't make the woman.

JR
  • Modda
  • 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Real boobs don't "last" a lifetime either. LOL. Originally Posted by Allie_Kat
Thats funny mam...at least with real boob you don't end up visiting surgeons (as with fake boobs) and killing snakes
Malwoody,

No problem. I have been very lucky to have been married to three wonderful women in my life. The hobby has been good to me after the death of two of them. It is better to be in the arms of a beautiful woman who treats you right, than to sit and talk to a shrink. But my young daughters did not need to know about my sex life.

The entry about breast cancer was only to connect the extreme (word used carefully) emphasis that women place on their boobs. It is like a means of self identification. The reasoning seems to be: I am a real girl because I have boobs; or get me some bigger ones and I will be more of a woman. I am still at a place of wonder about the excitement all of my daughters had when they first started to show. "Look at me, I am now a real woman." I was lucky to have the girls talk to me about anything and everything.

After seeing the trauma of having breasts removed on several women, the real message is that the person is more important than the body.

It is kind of like Nam, for years some of the guys would call me to get together. My gentle reminder was always: the war is over, let's move on with life; we have already been to hell, let us not visit that place again even in our minds.

The loss of a limb in war, or the loss of a breast are both a deeply distressing experience. Some women, like some war vets, carry the anger through life. Some of the girls have been abused and after talking with them I find out that they just want to have a normal loving experience. All of us should recognize that, regardless of the past, we live our lives from this day forward. If you need a new set of tits, get them; but the tits, while we all appreciate them (and some guys appreciate them very much), don't make the woman.

JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Very well stated and after all unless a little one is nursing they (boobs) are only accessories.
I heard a story once about an older lady who attended a cocktail party obviously braless. Someone asked, "Aren't you a bit old to be going out like this?" She responded, "I may be older, but my breasts aren't even 5 years old yet!"