Hot Apple Cider....

Okay ladies and gents, now remember this is just my .02 cents but after seeing a few commercials for hot apple cider at Dunkin Donuts I went and tried it. Eh it isn't bad, but it didn't meet my expectations. I was thinking it would have more of a spice taste.... not so much. Basically just warm cider that you could buy from Wegmans. Now I wish I would have gotten a sugar doughnut to dip it in. Oh well.

So I think now that I have a craving for some fall foods and drinks I am going to start my journey to find the best, hot apple cider I can find. Any suggestions?
  • m2244
  • 09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
kellys apple farm in hilton ny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg brooke i will take you there its the best ever .....
kellys open on sunday. if it is I will buy

errr edit: in case this goes to far. Will buy 1st round for all providers.
Kelly's is the place to visit for apple cider. I would wait another few more weeks as the best cider is made from a "blend" of several different apple varieties. Right now we are still in the early apple harvest time period. Last week of September and first two weeks of October the cider will be much better!

Kathmandu
Personally, apple cider tastes much better when you add cinnamon to it, ummmmm so good!
There is always Dixon Cider Mill. All my lady friends enjoy Dixon's cider. It is even better hot!
  • lou21
  • 09-10-2010, 09:06 PM
The Apple Farm in Victor. Fresh mulled apple cider and fresh baked fry cakes. The best.
  • Aguy
  • 09-10-2010, 09:47 PM
You guys are making me hungry. I remember a college bond fire where we were mixing whiskey into the hot cider.
  • m2244
  • 09-10-2010, 10:26 PM
ah the one in victor is pretty good too and ditto on waiting a few more weeks
Okay so I think the 2nd weekend in October I'll have to go to Kelly's. I would love to go the first weekend, but my big sister is home and spending time with her and her husband is a little more important than hot cider. Unless I can get up really early one morning and sneak on over to Hilton.

Jymie, I hear ya with the cinnamon. I think that is why I wanted to try DD's. In their commercial they show a cinnamon stick if I'm not mistaken. Well their marketing idea got me to try it but left me w/o the cinnamon
  • m2244
  • 09-11-2010, 08:42 AM
its okay brooke i will take you to kellys........we need to plan a "redate" anyway the first two one of us messed up somehow lol.....
that we do Miss Mary... we'll have to go and you still need to meet Bella
  • lou21
  • 09-12-2010, 01:33 PM
The Apple Farm in Victor has a really cool Haunted Hayride too.
  • m2244
  • 09-12-2010, 01:53 PM
okay we cant go talking haunted hayrides now because we allll know that williamson has the worlds best hayride....i still scream like a two yr old on that ride, and I somehow always get the guy with the chainsaw or creepy mask jumping on top of me and grabbing my feet LMAO........they are supposed to pick on the little kids right lol
I somehow always get the guy with the chainsaw or creepy mask jumping on top of me and grabbing my feet Originally Posted by m2244
So he wants to get on top of you! Whats wrong with that?