WANTED : Your Iput on D.R.A.M.A.

Most of us have read plenty about drama around here, about how we would do well to have less of it, and that the attack pack perhaps instigates much of it.

Heck, there was even talk about creating a new forum so that those who need a daily does can have their fix.

The truth of the matter, for me, is that a little bit of excitement is fun to read every now and then. Now, what kind of a boring world would it be if we all agreed with one another 100% of the time ????

My short summary of drama that I've seen is simply that
1) it mostly starts from a difference in opinion
2) and/or from taking things too literally

We can't do much about differences in opinions, and nor should we. So long as we explain our positions and act like adults, we are using this board for its designated purpose - to share thoughts, ideas, and experiences.

But I think there is room for improvement in the "taking things" literally department. I remember being called out by someone (don't remember who, because I like to think I don't hold a grudge), because while I was posting my opinion (in a matter of speaking fashion) I said something like "... us guys who have been in the hobby world long enough know better". Some folks jumped on me for that statement, and came at me with "who appointed you to speak for the rest of us ?". From there, the thread took a detour, and sharing of ideas ceased, and it became an argument.

Here's my promise: I'll do my best to not take things too literally, and I will try to see others' perspective in an effort to understand why he/she said what was said before taking offense.

But when the thread does spin out of control into all out war, why lock the thread ? Locking does not resolve the issue, it simply says "it's bedtime, children - go to your respective rooms".

Why not leave it up to the mods' discretion to throw the thread into the Sandbox when it reaches 110 degrees, and let the interested parties have a slug-fest and settle it among themselves ?

There will always be those interested in watching the outcome, those interested in joining in, and those who want to throw extra weapons into the ring for additional entertainment value.

What say you ???
There is no such thing as the Attack Pack............

sixx
good post Rrrrabit.

couple of points I'll add...

drama will always exist on boards like this. why? anytime you have a bunch of chicks together there will be drama. Mix in guys clamoring for action and some mid life crises, sparks will fly.

which is cool. I won't lie, since my Premium ran out I come onto CoEd because sometimes I like to get away from things and watch the nightly trainwreck. so while not a fan of drama, i guess i'm guilty of not abstaining from it.

Difference of opinion is normal and to be expected. We're all mostly strangers with different backgrounds so can't expect us to agree on most things. Besides we're only here for one reason anyways so it's not like I'm looking for buddies to join a softball team with.

the Attack Pack or Young Guns or whatever their called, they're probably one of the few groups that hang out and are united on a lot of things. which is cool.

So drama is annoying but part of life, it's gonna happen.

the only thing i personally don't like is when there seems to be an attitude amongst a few of running people off the site or dictating the tone. That's just way too McCarthyesque for me and I don't think it's good business for the site. I personally could care less if people on here are grudge fuckers or white knights, there's room for all.

as for locking threads, i agree, I think people should just get things off their chest and say it. Perhaps over regulating dissent is bad in the long term.
There's no thing as Santa, the Easter Bunny, or a free lunch....either....

And it doesn't snow in Indianapolis in the summertime..........

There is no such thing as the Attack Pack............

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Both of you fellas make good points.

I agree with most of them too.

Nothing wrong with mixing it up. Spirited debate, etc. I think we can all do our part to curb the hatefulness, spitefulness, personal attacks and threats.

Try as they might, staff can't legislate or regulate decency. For the most part we're all adults and adultresses and should know how to behave in a respectful manner, even when we're calling people cockydoodies.

I'd be interested in reading the opinions of infrequent posters, reluctant reviewers, providers and other cockydoodies...
  • Booth
  • 04-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Do people really want to talk about drama? I'm guessing no and suspect that more would rather just avoid it or sit back and enjoy the craziness. Talking about it isn't likely to change anything although it might lead to a good shit-fight.
Oh PALEEEEZE! It's a hooker board for crying out loud...did you expect any less? The funny thing is the guys are more dramatic than most of the chicks around here, yet they claim they hate it.

Without drama life would be rather boring. I mean sure, you may want that girl who is 4 feet tall with a flat head and all, but you are gonna miss that mouth eventually lol.
Oh PALEEEEZE! It's a hooker board for crying out loud...did you expect any less? The funny thing is the guys are more dramatic than most of the chicks around here, yet they claim they hate it.

Without drama life would be rather boring. I mean sure, you may want that girl who is 4 feet tall with a flat head and all, but you are gonna miss that mouth eventually lol. Originally Posted by London Rayne

Great post!

What is funny the ones who come and stir chit and claim its for the good of the board. Some BS too about its for the community! Please............... At least I can admit I like to sling the mud.....

sixx
The funny thing is the guys are more dramatic than most of the chicks around here, yet they claim they hate it. Originally Posted by London Rayne
No shit. A bunch of drama queens.
No shit. A bunch of drama queens. Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
And people who don't contribute much but complaints....

sixx
Rabbitt you make alot of good points and I agree with you,however, sad to say there are some people male and female who thrive on drama and get involved where they have no business being that goes beyond voicing an opinion. Or intentional saying false statements or just being mean to make themselves feel better... Hopefully more people will take your lead...
And people who don't contribute much but complaints....

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Exhibit A your honor.
just my two cents from reading but it does appear at least to me, and i'd guess a few others, that most of the drama is generated from a small percentage of the users.

i choose to read it, get a chuckle, and move on. others choose to add fuel to the fire. and others take it way too personally.

i always thought this was a "hobby" where guys were basically looking for girls, and not spending time talking smack amongst each other (meaning, in a bad malicious way not a fun friendship way). if some of these guys spent as much time doing the girls as they did talking shit i think they'd be so sleepy at the end of the day they wouldn't have any strength left to log on to ECCIE!

like many others i think if you don't like the drama, don't read it! good luck to all.

Without drama life would be rather boring. I mean sure, you may want that girl who is 4 feet tall with a flat head and all, but you are gonna miss that mouth eventually lol. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Ok so im off topic but... why no tours to texas pretty lady?? Our state is great
Do people really want to talk about drama? I'm guessing no and suspect that more would rather just avoid it or sit back and enjoy the craziness. Talking about it isn't likely to change anything although it might lead to a good shit-fight. Originally Posted by Booth
Amen brother.