warning someone claiming to be a member using member info

• sabin
  • 07-13-2016, 01:35 AM
Okay, I got a call tonight from a certain number but not sure if I can post it here. Anyway, the guy claimed to be a member, gave me his name, the amount of reviews. I guess he didn't think I would check the info he gave me. On a normal night , I would be annoyed with someone wasting my time like that but I had to say I was amused. If I didn't know better, I would say it was a provider but I am not sure. Anyway, I sent a pm and then once I was done with this comical fiasco, I said wow no response on that pm nor would they call so I could hear a voice. Someone let me know if I am allowed to post the number and username they were using. The user he was claiming to be had not been active since 2013. It amazes me how dumb these guys think we are.(or girls). I already contacted the real member and enlightened him as to what is going on.
Okay, I got a call tonight from a certain number

Anyway, I sent a pm and then once I was done with this comical fiasco, I said wow no response on that pm nor would they call so I could hear a voice. Originally Posted by sabin
Clarification ... was the first contact "a call" or "a text"?
No, you are not allowed to reveal phone numbers. I'll PM you info on guidelines regarding that. You may post a handle/username safely but nothing else. If you have ascertained without question that someone has unscrupulously "borrowed" another member's handle, make that crystal clear so that the legit gentleman's reputation won't be harmed. PM the mods privately with full info, as they should be made aware of the situation. They may query further.

I believe that some nefarious fellows troll around looking for inactive handles with history they can poach. You did the right thing. Providers must ALWAYS confirm a gent's association with ECCIE by PM. Never accept someone's word by text, call, or email alone, and don't take references (like reviews) that are outdated.
Next time just have any member on here send you a PM first from their handle. Go from there
Is someone pretending to be Wakeup again?
did he call you fat?