Foreign tourists detained by armed park rangers

A group of elderly tourists were detained in the Yellowstone National Park when the "slimdown" started. Many were from other countries and did not speak English. They were afraid that they were under arrest. They were put in a building until instructions came to throw them out of the park. Once it was determined that they would leave they were forced to drive a certain route without any stops for rest or recreation. To leave this spot takes a 2.5 hour trip. This was under orders from the Department of the Interior and they take orders from the White House.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/08/ge...group-captive/

What is this....Russia?
  • CJ7
  • 10-09-2013, 12:56 AM
park was closed, end of story
Corneyhole, you're right, we need to have a group of aged foreign nationals who don't speak English and may or may not have any survival skills wandering around out in the wilderness. Gawd, you're freaking brilliant!
Barley cornhole knows English and has survival skills?
Many were from other countries and did not speak English. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
"Foreign tourists detained by armed park rangers"

So .... it was OK to detain those from this country who could speak English?

But not the foreigners? Or was it ok if they spoke English?

Had they not be rounded up and shown the way out of the Park ... and one or more got mauled by a U.S. bear, who didn't like "non-English speaking foreigners milling around in THEIR PARK after it was closed, ... then you would start a thread on ....

"Obama allows NonEnglish Speaking Foreign Tourists to be Mauled by Bear"?
  • WTF
  • 10-09-2013, 07:10 AM

Had they not be rounded up and shown the way out of the Park ... and one or more got mauled by a U.S. bear, who didn't like "non-English speaking foreigners milling around in THEIR PARK after it was closed, ... then you would start a thread on ....

"Obama allows NonEnglish Speaking Foreign Tourists to be Mauled by Bear"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
You didn't read the story of how the armed guards treated their detainees did you?

"Obama allows NonEnglish Speaking Foreign Tourists to be Mauled by Bear"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
  • WTF
  • 10-09-2013, 07:32 AM
You didn't read the story of how the armed guards treated their detainees did you? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Omg they didn't get to take a proper picture with a buffalo! Call Ted Cruz!
You mock and Obama's approval ratings plummet; I would say these kinds of stunts aren't playing well in Peoria........................
".....a new AP-GFK polls finds that Barack Obama's job approval rating has plummeted to 37%. The President's disapproval rating is up to 53%."
To all my Obamazombie buddies; please keep up the good work. You are doing a yeoman's job of defending our Leader.
  • WTF
  • 10-09-2013, 08:08 AM
You mock and Obama's approval ratings plummet; I would say these kinds of stunts aren't playing well in Peoria........................
".....a new AP-GFK polls finds that Barack Obama's job approval rating has plummeted to 37%. The President's disapproval rating is up to 53%."
To all my Obamazombie buddies; please keep up the good work. You are doing a yeoman's job of defending our Leader. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Everybody's approval ratings are dropping. But the president is not running for reelection. Think about that. Hopefully I won't have to explain to you what that means. Hint. He won't blink first. You will notice that Ted Cruz has gone awol.
You can bet the 2014 mid terms will be all about Obama (and his unpopular policies and failed leadership); and the GOP is tracking those districts very closely............and Ted Cruz isn't up for reelection either.

But you know better.........right ?
  • WTF
  • 10-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Ted Cruz is running for 2016. Suprised you didn't know that. Maybe you can join LovingKayla and take up arms aganust Obama supporters. People luke her are why thatovement has not a chance to go national.
... detainees ...? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Are you talking about those in GITMO?

Actually, I did. The rangers allowed them into the park, but kept the group of 25 or so in a controlled environment so they wouldn't have to go tracking them down all over the park. People do bus tours ALL THE TIME in the park and sometimes portions of the park are RESTRICTED even for English Speaking U.S. Citizens for various reasons.

Perhaps the Rangers were trying to avoid this "almost tragedy":

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/a...-park-20497035

And these folks were "experienced" in being in dangerous situations.

In fact I was in one for awhile this past week (before the shutdown) and there were restrictions on activity. I speak English and I am a U.S. citizen. May be that is why I was able to enjoy the area without getting "detained"!!!

What do you think? Or do you?

I have gone to "national parks" in foreign countries .. I "tend" to obey the commands of armed "police" (or unarmed) when they tell me to do something and not do something. That shows respect for the foreign country in which I am visiting, but also allows me to spend the night in a hotel bed rather than fighting off the local drunks, thieves, and drug dealers in the local jail or prison and having to eat rotten rats with spoiled beans.

Who knows .. .may be they will go back home and tell everyone Obama did it to them. Good PR!
No Yellowstone...............

You love posting definitions so, here:

Detainee; a person held in custody or confinement.

Sounds exactly like those tourists who were confined by the Obama gestapo.
Ted Cruz is running for 2016. Suprised you didn't know that. Originally Posted by WTF
Surprised you brought it up. Wait. No I'm not.