ACLU....that my right wing friends despise

• WTF
  • 01-12-2021, 08:01 AM
But as Kate Ruane, an attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union, said in a statement, it “should concern everyone when companies like Facebook and Twitter wield the unchecked power to remove people from platforms that have become indispensable for the speech of billions—especially when political realities make those decisions easier.”* There should be ways to bring accountability to platforms that host inciteful hate speech. Justice, however, is not achieved by endorsing other companies’ self-interests.
  • Tiny
  • 01-18-2021, 08:14 PM
But as Kate Ruane, an attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union, said in a statement, it “should concern everyone when companies like Facebook and Twitter wield the unchecked power to remove people from platforms that have become indispensable for the speech of billions—especially when political realities make those decisions easier.”* There should be ways to bring accountability to platforms that host inciteful hate speech. Justice, however, is not achieved by endorsing other companies’ self-interests. Originally Posted by WTF
Kate's right. Alexei Navalny, the Russian opposition politician who Putin jailed and imprisoned, and Angela Merkel, the second most formidable female leader of the last 100 years (Margaret Thatcher is #1) agree. They both criticized Twitter's banning of Donald Trump.

And how about Zuckerberg? He kissed up to Trump until he figured out he was going to lose the election, then he banned him, to kiss up to the Democrats. Facebook is evil.
The magic phrase is
"Civil discourse"
Almost everyone has forgotten how.
Private corporations. They can do as they please. That’s a Republican value. Ranks up there with underpaying and failing to provide benefits.
Kate's right. Alexei Navalny, the Russian opposition politician who Putin jailed and imprisoned, and Angela Merkel, the second most formidable female leader of the last 100 years (Margaret Thatcher is #1) agree. They both criticized Twitter's banning of Donald Trump.

And how about Zuckerberg? He kissed up to Trump until he figured out he was going to lose the election, then he banned him, to kiss up to the Democrats. Facebook is evil. Originally Posted by Tiny
Zuckerberg is a {staff edit-CK} Jew! That's all anyone needs to know and anything else he does will not be surprising to you or anyone else.
Private corporations. They can do as they please. That’s a Republican value. Ranks up there with underpaying and failing to provide benefits. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

That seems to be what everybody is forgetting in their cries about "censorship" and "first amendment rights." These are PRIVATELY OWNED companies, just like the one I own. If I choose not to do business with someone, it is my choice, and only my choice. These first amendment crybabies need to STFU.
Private corporations. They can do as they please. That’s a Republican value. Ranks up there with underpaying and failing to provide benefits. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
No they can't. GOOG has constantly gotten into trouble with the EEOC for not hiring enough black people. Women too. Look at all the boards of all these major tech companies. That's partly the reason they've moved a lot of operations offshore.

Trump reduced the number of H1B1 visas. It's a Democratic value mainly.
well

the aclu had no option

the obvious laid an egg on their doorstep

I tend to think, nothing I can prove but based on their actions over the last so many years, they were likely a reluctant decrier
  • WTF
  • 01-19-2021, 07:05 AM
These are PRIVATELY OWNED companies, just like the one I own. If I choose not to do business with someone, it is my choice, and only my choice. These first amendment crybabies need to STFU. Originally Posted by Lapdog
Well I do remember a wedding cake company getting sued for not want to sell to gays....

So there is irony on both sides...and hypocrisy.
You hear about isolated cases making the news when someone gets their feathers ruffled, and sometimes the party who was offended is successful in delivering comeuppance to the company, but more often than not, the slights just die a natural death when the dust settles and the news dies down. There's all kinds of ways to sabotage a business deal, by either side. And most of the time, it comes down to how much someone wants to spend in legal fees.
Zuckerberg is a fucking Jew! That's all anyone needs to know and anything else he does will not be surprising to you or anyone else. Originally Posted by Ripmany
Check your PMS.
  • WTF
  • 01-19-2021, 07:25 AM
Look....I'm glad they shut down Trumps Twitter. I wish they had done it in 2015. But that can be a double edge sword.
No they can't. GOOG has constantly gotten into trouble with the EEOC for not hiring enough black people. Women too. Look at all the boards of all these major tech companies. That's partly the reason they've moved a lot of operations offshore.... Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yes they can.
But then they have issues where other countries don't want to let them do business with their citizens.
Let's get the operational issues stated correctly.

No they can't and as an attorney, you know full well they can't do as they please especially if they engage in conspiracy to violate anti-trust laws.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/faceboo...-s-11606742163
I never had any problems with the twit head in chief. It was the readers that actually believe them that have major issues