Boston or St. louis

It's World Series time. Who's going to win and why. I hate to say it but I think the Red Sox are going to win.
I like the cardinals in 6 games I like st.louis bullpen and oritiz has to play first base the 3 games in st. louis
I'll take Boston. Sorry Yank, but IMHO Boston's bullpen is just as good if not better. SL has two good if not great starting pitchers. But the redsox rotation can hold with anyone and runs deeper. Much better bench for Boston. I'm thinking Sox in 6.
  • iggy
  • 10-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Being a Life Long Yankee Fan , just cant root for Boston, wouldn't sleep at night.

If Detroit won i would have backed them no problem !!
being a who ever playing the Yankee's fan. I all ready won
So I will go with Boston
just ta upset my Yankee fan friends
I like the cardinals in 6 games I like st.louis bullpen and oritiz has to play first base the 3 games in st. louis Originally Posted by yankee13
I wouldn"t expect anything different from you Yankee. I'm not a fan of either team, more of an O's fan but that has it's own problems. I just think Boston has some good Karma working for them. especally after the way they won the Detroit series.
For purely emotional reasons:

Boston has a better bullpen, Craig is still out sort of, Wainright's been a bit weak (but gets pulled before the damage happens), Boston gets on base and steals more, and I'm in Kansas CIty, not St. Louis.
Both teams are good enough. I'm pulling for St. Louis; for one, I have never had an encounter with an obnoxious St. louis fan, where it's an everyday occurrence with Boston. Two, it seems Boston has a way of making every game last at least 3.5 hours. And lastly, I don't want anyone thinking, "Want to win a World Series? Blow something up in April, and rally around it."
Last night's game was the first World Series game to end in an error since my favorite Red Sock, Bill Buckner, let a grounder slide by. One good thing about losing World Series games with errors: you're in the World Series.

In all hope of a non-partisan discussion, anyone have a problem with the call? I thought the refs were on the ball, direct and efficient. As soon as the third base ref pointed at the runner the game was over, and the home plate ump backed him up, saw the same thing. Not the purest baseball but an exciting end to a good game.
Sadly, it was the right call.
I missed that call. Was busy watching a bar hook run her fingers thew my beard as she was working the guy I was trying ta watch the baseball and sabers games with last night.

some never seem ta know when the ATM is not working right
Sadly, it was the right call. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Mumble, grumble, yeah, had to be called.
The guys in blue are actually doing a good job, and it makes a better game.
OMG did I say that?
Sadly, it was the right call. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Tough way to go down, but Jack is Right about the call.
  • Doove
  • 10-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Contrary to what everyone seems to be saying, I could make an argument that it was, in fact, the wrong call. (Does this surprise anyone?)

I could also make the argument that even if it was technically correct according to the letter of the rule, it was still a bad call under the circumstances.

But ultimately, even if it was the right call, as well as a proper call to make under the circumstances, then it's little more than another "tuck rule" fiasco. Meaning the rule itself sucks in the way it's written.