Rebuke to Man Made Global Warming Advocates

The article talks about an ice sheet 2 miles thick that covers an ancient river that was last uncovered 4 million years ago - before humans. That means the earth changed that much, on its own, over the last 4 million years. So, why can't it change back on its own?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23866810
Because you're a dick smoker.
NYC was under a 2 mile ice sheet 10,000 or so years ago so says the Discovery Channel which was very aGW. They are backing off of it now that the government money isn't there.
Yssup Rider is that the best you can do? Typical progressive. No substance, just name calling.
another brilliant observation.

Do you assholes hate everything about your lives?

Or are you waiting from the word from Jesus, Glenn Beck or Dog, the Bounty Hunter?

I swear, this place has become more bitter, more inane and less entertaining that ever before.

OK, somebody call me a faggot or regard.

fucking shameful.

Or are you waiting from the word from Jesus, Glenn Beck or Dog, the Bounty Hunter?

I swear, this place has become more bitter, more inane and less entertaining that ever before.

fucking shameful. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
OK, you are a "regard".
  • Laz
  • 08-29-2013, 08:37 PM
It claims that if the Greenland ice sheet melts it will raise the global sea level by 7 meters. I will not claim to be an expert but that sounds odd to me. 70% of the earth is ocean if I remember correctly. Greenland is a small part of the 30% of land mass. I do not see how the ice melted and spread over the oceans can have an impact of 7 meters. That just does not pass the snicker test to me. I am not even considering that this also claims the land mass would reduced as the sea level rises which spreads the water over an even larger area. Even if you consider that with a temperature rise like that ice would melt all over the arctic and antarctic areas this does not pass the snicker test.
Yssup Rider is that the best you can do? Typical progressive. No substance, just name calling. Originally Posted by Porter57
another wonderful contribution from a disgruntled white person.
Of course it is a crap statistic. Want to do the math? The surface area is 660,000 sq miles and it is 7,000 feet think. Change everything to yards: 2,044,416,000,000 sq yards of ice times 2,333 yards and you get 4,769,622,528,000,000 cubic yards of ice. There are 138,996,777 square miles of ocean. There are 430,556,416,435,200 square yards of ocean. Divide 4,769,622,528,000,000 by 430,556,416,435,200 and you get just about 11. That is 11 cubic yards of ice for every square yard of ocean surface. The conversion for ice to water is about 90% so about 10 cubic yards of water. Sounds bad until you remember that a lot of that ice is floating on the surface which means that any floating ice is zero'd out. How much? I guess that is up to the real experts. This all depends on the "fact" that all the ice is 7,000 feet thick and none of it is floating.
The point is that the earth has gone through many cycles of warming and cooling much of it before man was even on the scene. The global warming nuts try to explain that man is causing it to go faster. There is no proof of this, in fact the physical evidence demostrates that it went pretty fast in the distant past. Mining camps abandoned with tools intact from 1100 years ago. Mammoths caught with the food still in their mouths. The abrupt end of the Bronze Age 3300 years ago by a rapid change in the climate destroying civilizations all over the Med and Middle East.
stupid bronze emmissions

fucking shameful. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You are so pathetic, lamenting the discourse on a SHMB like you have some sort of "connection" and reputation to uphold. No one cares about your online persona, other than when they think of you, they think, "What a fucking loser."
Ice is disappearing all over the earth, however it is better to scoff till water reaches your knees.
Ice is disappearing all over the earth, however it is better to scoff till water reaches your knees. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Go hug a tree. You feel better.
EVA, you've displayed some incredible ignorance just now. Ice does not disappear, it melts, it becomes water, it is still there in a different state. I bet you want to get rid of all the carbon too.