Why are there so few provider showcases in KC vs say Dallas?

The KC metro area has about 2M people and we have 80 showcases, The Dallas metro is about 6M and they have over 800 showcases. If i had that many options, I don't think I'd ever have a "real" date and I'd most certainly be broke;-)
well maybe due to the fact that when you look at census reports there is 7 men to everyone 1 woman in dallas where here in kc its more like 7 woman to 1 man.but that would be my best guess,but i could be wrong too,there are many factors to why this could be.
better cost of living,better money,or maybe there is just the fact that dallas is a larger metro area then kc.
Gov. Rick Perry really has put more people to work!
I would say one reason is that ECCIE was/is based out of Texas and made up of primarily Texas folks. There's still a lot of people from the Midwest who don't know of this site or if they know about it, maybe it doesn't do them any good to be on it.
Elena and Kat have run all the competition out of town....?

LOL!
hehehehe i will take that blame 100% without a doubt....wait werent we just blaming cog lol sorry couldnt help myself
Elena and Kat have run all the competition out of town....?

LOL! Originally Posted by sasnaK
LOL Doubt that considering I don't even live in KC. I just visit every so often.
Not to mention the fact that the Dallas metro population is roughly triple that of KC (roughly 6M vs. roughly 2M). Right off the bat, one would expect three times as many showcases in Dallas just because there are three times the number of people.
well maybe due to the fact that when you look at census reports there is 7 men to everyone 1 woman in dallas where here in kc its more like 7 woman to 1 man.but that would be my best guess,but i could be wrong too,there are many factors to why this could be.
better cost of living,better money,or maybe there is just the fact that dallas is a larger metro area then kc. Originally Posted by katkisses2000
Fact? Not hardley! Just because you make up something out of thin air does not make it a fact.

See the following for unmarried people.

http://www.census.gov/population/www...bles/tab05.pdf
According to the US Census:
in 2000 KCMO had 266,964 unmarried men for 321,391 unmarried women for a ratio of 83 unmarried men per 100 unmarried women.

Inb 2000 in Dallas/Ft. Worth there were 786,723 unmarried men to 864,356 unmarried women for a ratio of 91 unmarried men to 100 unmarried women.

Thus, there were more more women available per individual guys in Kansas city than in KC than in Dallas.

According to the 2010 US Census Data: search all areas at http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48000.html

Missouri has 51.1 % female population and Texas had a 50.1% Female population while the total US has a 50.7% female population.

JR
The question seems to be, "Why are there more providers in Dallas?" When I visited a provider in Dallas she asked me, "Out of over 500 ladies here in town, what made you choose me?" Think there are 500 providers in KC? So why are there more? It could be nothing more than demographics, but it could also have a lot to do with the female culture down there--hairspray is expensive--or a competitive economy.
The question seems to be, "Why are there more providers in Dallas?" When I visited a provider in Dallas she asked me, "Out of over 500 ladies here in town, what made you choose me?" Think there are 500 providers in KC? So why are there more? It could be nothing more than demographics, but it could also have a lot to do with the female culture down there--hairspray is expensive--or a competitive economy. Originally Posted by Area Man
Again, there are three times the number of people in the Dallas metro area than there are in the KC metro area. Just based on the size of the population pool, one would expect three times as many providers in Dallas compared to Kansas City. Just applying the general population ratio to the provider population (500 in Dallas) would mean there would be about 167 providers in KC.
Fact? Not hardley! Just because you make up something out of thin air does not make it a fact.

See the following for unmarried people.

http://www.census.gov/population/www...bles/tab05.pdf
According to the US Census:
in 2000 KCMO had 266,964 unmarried men for 321,391 unmarried women for a ratio of 83 unmarried men per 100 unmarried women.

Inb 2000 in Dallas/Ft. Worth there were 786,723 unmarried men to 864,356 unmarried women for a ratio of 91 unmarried men to 100 unmarried women.

Thus, there were more more women available per individual guys in Kansas city than in KC than in Dallas.

According to the 2010 US Census Data: search all areas at http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48000.html

Missouri has 51.1 % female population and Texas had a 50.1% Female population while the total US has a 50.7% female population.

JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
you were going by unmarried men,i was going by all woman to men,please dont bark at me about not stating facts when you yourself spoke out and only listed half of what we were talking about so please lets not get something started.i wasnt just making things up because i like the sound of the keys on my laptop. that is all
Dallas is a big city, a somewhat international city. Kansas City is not. The two places are not even remotely comparable. New York City has more movie theaters than Toledo, OH. Same principle.
Dont know much about Texas, but I go to SF Cali often. The bay area is huge. Lots of providers from Silicon Valley in the south up to Sacramento. Yet nobody uses ECCIE out there. Its a cultural thing. Just the way it is. I switch to other Hobby ad/review sites when Im out there.
Conventions & events ( ie Superbowl ) !