hypothetical question

• Moo2U
  • 12-04-2012, 02:23 PM
if a lady were to recieve a plane ticket to come see me and had to cancel what recourse does an idiot have?

I mean with computer bookingand whatnot how do we assur the ladywill be honest and make ammends after an agreement was broken?
heh
Well, depends on the airline, but some airlines will allow you to trade in the ticket for up to a year. The right thing for her to do would be to use the ticket to come see you at a later date as promised. But sadly, once their name is on the ticket, you have little recourse...
if a lady were to recieve a plane ticket to come see me and had to cancel what recourse does an idiot have?

I mean with computer bookingand whatnot how do we assur the ladywill be honest and make ammends after an agreement was broken? Originally Posted by Moo2U
No recourse at all. When you pre pay in any way shape or form you are putting your trust in the other person. Someitmes you are gonna get torched, goes with the territory both in and out of the hobby.
Have you read this thread about agreements?

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=609156

At this point, there are only 359 responses to the OPs question.

Sorry, I could not resist.

What recourse do you have? You can start a thread like above and hope you either shame her into submission or destroy her livelihood. Or, you can just hope she makes it up to you.

The only assurances you can count on are a lady's reputation. This is why screening a lady is as important as her screening you.

The good ladies will make it up to you. Then there are the ones who were never going to follow through. Finally, there are some in the middle who may figure that they will take their chances. Making it up to you will cost them some time, money, effort, etc. If they ignore you, will you just walk away, or will you raise a stink.

If a stink is raised, it becomes a he said - she said dramatic screenplay for all to witness with both parties suffering and no real winner.

Bottom line, if she screws you over and does not make it up to you, your best bet is to be the better man, don't post anything publicly, and perhaps she is eventually feel guilty.

(Nothing says you cannot post in the Men's Only area, where the drama is typically one sex only and you can warn your fellow guys of the risks of engagement with a particular lady.)
  • Moo2U
  • 12-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the reply tigercat. Taking the high road seems the honorable, if infinately less satisfying, thing to do.
With regards to the plane ticket, as noted, once it's in her name, you're pretty much hosed. Sorry. Wish i could tell ya differently.
You got photos of her taint?
Please don't tell us you bought Mercianna a plane ticket!
Well, since you're buying plane tickets.....I'd love one to Tuscany
Have her pay for the ticket and you agree to pay her back. Never pay for anything upfront. I have learned that lesson!!!
You don't prepay for the hotel room either when they use a hotel as an incall. Same thing here. Let them pay and then you pay up when you have the session.
  • Colby
  • 12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
LAWD!
I would highly doubt that you could get a provider to pay for a ticket up front. What if you cancel?
go to airline website and see what cancelation policy is, im sure it's not an hour or two prior but if it was you could make it contigent that she check in prior to that then if you cancel you will get vouchers, i had to late notice a cancel last year and got vouchers that are good for a year
Well, since you're buying plane tickets.....I'd love one to Tuscany Originally Posted by Kendall4U
You want to go to Arizona?