Avoiding Pimps and Scams

I have been lucky; I have not had problems with either ladies with pimps (that I know of), scams, or LE. I try to be careful and use the web; tineye has been a great resource. I am also low volume.

Here are suggestions I have had and have taken:

Stay with older providers who are usually independent.
Be upscale, you get what you pay for.
Use eccie and Erotic Review -- what other sites are useful?

Somethings NOT to do????? Your list?

I would love to hear from the ladies in particular, but all serious comments are welcome of course.
They are whores turning tricks for a living and there is not a guy in the mix that matters more than the money he has available to spend on them. Keep that in mind always as well as how easily it is for them to find another guy with money.

You are never going to get more than you pay for.

Keeping that in mind keep your emotions in check and out of the equation in your dealings with them. If you want love, go to church.
When there is a high likelihood of scamming (and this applies to wayward clients and not just providers) it's usually glaringly obvious to me. Above anything else, trust your intuition. After that, make use at all the 21st century tools at your disposal. Research thoroughly. Ask yourself: how long has someone been using a particular phone number/ email/ handle? If there is no longevity, that isn't an inherent red flag. (We all had to start somewhere.) But if someone is new, it makes sense to dig a little deeper.