Pretend it's 1944 and Christmas day

You're FDR, the democratic president of the United States, and you just got the word that Bastogne has fallen to the Germans, thousands of soldiers were captured including most of the 101st Airborne. The allied forces have been force to split north and south. It is even possible that the Germans might reach the English Channel and this war will go on another year or two. You call in the top general on the scene and demand to know what could have been done to prevent this. The general says that we could have had more bombing raids, we could have dropped supplies to the surrounded units, we could have pushed harder on the ground to relieve them but none of that was done. We didn't think it was that important.

Koboni is a town in Syria. It is besieged by ISIS and our military chiefs say that it will fall unless we turn on the help. 14 air raids happened yesterday, the Turkish military refuses to go in by themselves, and we have video of ISIS rocket launchers and tanks around the town. We can do much better than 14 raids and why does ISIS have tanks that are not burning and rocket launchers that are not blowing up? We are going to lose a major city and thousands will be slaughtered by these barbarians and where is Barry? I'm serious, where is Barack? He is not on the campaign trail (they don't want him near them), is he at a fund raiser? Is he playing golf? What we know is that he is not doing his job....again.

George Bush released "Shock and Awe" on the Iraqi across the entire country but Obama fails to get even a popcorn fart on one city.

You don't think that FDR would have fired that general immediately?
What general do you wish Obie to fire?
We've all seen some pretty stupid attempted analogies from you but, this one takes the cake. The United States is faced now with the same situation with which we were confronted at Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge? You must hate all Americans who served in World War 2 because that is an insult to their bravery and dedication. Are you a communist, admiral?

Remind me again how many American troopers we have on the ground there to "save"? By the way, it's spelled "Kobani".....and who gives a shit? Let them have it.
Bimp
Timmie proves to the world that he is terribly stupid. Timmie, you are insulting those people who are standing against ISIS and facing death to do it. Why don't you pull your head out of your ass (gives the man something to swing the knife at) and see the world without the partisanship. It is getting tired.

The general? Obama could quit because at this point in time even Joe Biden could only do better.

The point, which has to be spelled out for the particularly obtuse, is that Obama is not even trying to put on a good show. 14 air strikes in one day! During the Gulf War the number was close to 300. Those tanks in the videos on the news should be burning hulks and not shooting rounds into Koboni.
Timmie proves to the world that he is terribly stupid. Timmie, you are insulting those people who are standing against ISIS and facing death to do it. Why don't you pull your head out of your ass (gives the man something to swing the knife at) and see the world without the partisanship. It is getting tired.

The general? Obama could quit because at this point in time even Joe Biden could only do better.

The point, which has to be spelled out for the particularly obtuse, is that Obama is not even trying to put on a good show. 14 air strikes in one day! During the Gulf War the number was close to 300. Those tanks in the videos on the news should be burning hulks and not shooting rounds into Koboni. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Well, then why don't you just say that instead of posting up some stupid shit trying to draw an analogy between the combat that took place at Bastogne and this desert shithole of a village that you so desperately want to save?

Don't get me wrong: the entire premise of your argument continues to be as stupid as the day is long even without the Battle of the Bulge analogy but at least you don't look quite as half-witted. Just looking out for you, man.

By the way, could you hear all those air strikes during the Gulf War......even way out there in the Persian Gulf on your air conditioned boat? You fucking pogue.

Fuck you, Admiral.
It is a matter of history dumbass. You can look it up or listen to the planners on TV. Besides, we had SEAL teams over there. Want to know how I know that? Some of those air strikes came from the navy shit head. One more little detail, the first time I was in the Persian Gulf was as the hostage crisis began. We had no air conditioning in those days. The temperature in the berthing was 110 degrees. The temperature in the fire room (where I stood most of my watches) was 135 degrees so why don't you go fuck something in your league. I hear they have dogs at the shelter.
It is a matter of history dumbass. You can look it up or listen to the planners on TV. Besides, we had SEAL teams over there. Want to know how I know that? Some of those air strikes came from the navy shit head. One more little detail, the first time I was in the Persian Gulf was as the hostage crisis began. We had no air conditioning in those days. The temperature in the berthing was 110 degrees. The temperature in the fire room (where I stood most of my watches) was 135 degrees so why don't you go fuck something in your league. I hear they have dogs at the shelter. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What is a matter of history you fucking idiot? Speaking of history....By the way, "most of the 101st Airborne Division" wasn't captured at Bastogne. They were the ones dug in around the city that stopped the German advance after they were encircled .....and it was Tony McAuliffe, their commander, who responded to the German demand for the surrender of the city by saying "Nuts!"

Might do you good to bone up a bit before you keep confirming the fact that you are a peabrain. All those supposed "watches" you stood in that 135 degree hold must have fried your noodle.
What is a matter of history you fucking idiot? Speaking of history....By the way, "most of the 101st Airborne Division" wasn't captured at Bastogne. They were the ones dug in around the city that stopped the German advance after they were encircled .....and it was Tony McAuliffe, their commander, who responded to the German demand for the surrender of the city by saying "Nuts!"

Might do you good to bone up a bit before you keep confirming the fact that you are a peabrain. All those supposed "watches" you stood in that 135 degree hold must have fried your noodle. Originally Posted by timpage
'

You do have reading comphrehension problems don't you. The OP was a sarcastic vision of what may have been if Obama had been in charge in 1944. Let me go ask my uncle about this..........he said to fuck the 101st. He was in the 82nd and they didn't play well together. If you had really checked into things, most of the time the sky was overcast and there was no air support as they couldn't see the bad guys. You missed that. Back to the point, just in case you've forgotton it, what Obama is doing in Iraq/Syria are "show strikes" and not air strikes. We are barely doing anything which means less risk (and less positive results) and less risks means that Obama doesn't have to worry about having to go in and rescue a downed aircrew with "boots on the ground". He has to have seen the movie Black Hawk Down and knows what that would do to his reputation and that is what this is all about to him. What? Okay, if I must....I am not saying the showstrikes are being done by helicopters which is probably what you would gather from the above comment. I could always refer to the Bridges of Toko-Ri with William Holden and Mickey Rooney but you probably don't know it, it is only a movie, and it is about the Korean War. And as you would stupidly point out, there are no Koreans in Iraq.

Yes, I just gift wrapped your ass.