a social dilemma

everyone should watch this, its currently on netflix

social media manipulation and the effect on our views

quite interesting........
Why is this a revelation? It’s been going on for generations. We’ve been living in a big lie. It’s obvious now. The Fed, IRS. CIA, FBI and DOJ should be disbanded immediately. Along with Social Media and the MSM.
He didn't say it was a revelation. He said it was an interesting watch.
He didn't say it was a revelation. He said it was an interesting watch. Originally Posted by HDGristle
I know Mr Gristle. It’s not a revelation Mr Gristle. Maybe to you.
Anyone watch it? On my list for this weekend.
Chizzy, my man.

I wish this had been more documentary and less docudrama. Found the drama part a bit of a slog and distraction with uneven acting.

Message-wise, little new ground but the argumentation is sound. Definitely preachy.

The notion of software "users" I thought resonated a bit. But this reminds me of the MySpace discussions and early chatter among millennials during the initial rise of Facebook when it was still constrained to schools.

The biggest difference, IMO, isn't the algorithm as much as it is the rise of influencer culture and newer concepts like getting ratioed. Chasing celebrity while feeding Big Data.

Guys like MrBeaat have made enormous amounts of money by understanding the algorithms and how to tap into people's attrntion in ways that slot machine makers could only dream of. Various influencers are shilling massive amounts of products while being tailored towards younger and younger users.

And I think AI is primed to deepfake and catfish its way into eliminating actual human influencers in ways that would make certain Manga fans jizz their pants. We've fed the machines sooo much data...