MOTHERFUCKING FOOTBALL THREAD:: 2011 - 12 NCAA

How about that Baylor/TCU game tonight?!!

Great, Great way to start the season off! Hopefully, Oregon/LSU can be just as good.
That game was "off the charts"!!!
Man, who were those guys wearing green and gold? That's about as serious a whuppin as TCU has seen for awhile..............
I don't know if I would call that a whuppin'. Allowing TCU to rally and even lead u by a point when u had them down by more than 3 touchdowns is crazy.

Baylor should put out an APB for their defense because it went missing in the second half.
  • K2S0
  • 09-03-2011, 08:35 AM
I don't know if I would call that a whuppin'. Allowing TCU to rally and even lead u by a point when u had them down by more than 3 touchdowns is crazy.

Baylor should put out an APB for their defense because it went missing in the second half. Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
if you go 3 n out or if you score in less than 6 snaps it makes no difference, Baylor's offense didn't do its defense any favors by scoring so quickly with all those long bombs...

without sustained offensive drives, that D was gassed by the time the 4th quarter came around and only stepped it up at the end based on pure adrenaline after that field goal to put em back up on top...

but yeah.... goddamn i love football
but yeah.... goddamn i love football Originally Posted by deevad
Nothing else left to say!!! High School, College and Pro! Even though College is the most exciting...

ICM we need to hit a High School Game soon. One of my neighbor's and I try to make it every week.
@Darth, cool...we need to hook it up.

I don't know how good JY is supposed to be this year but I'm gonna try to catch one of their games too.
JY looked like garbage against BTW last week. Long year for the Lions as they had 6 players transfer to FB Marshall since the end of last football season.
What a great day and night of action. Houston Wins, and they have an easy schedule down the road, they could run the table. And BSU wins too, big fan of Kellen Moore and that offense!
What the hell was up with Georgia's uniforms
Reminded me of the Texans when they go "Battle Red"

I dunno, I thought it looked a little cute. Not really SEC-ish if you ask me though.
I'm going to reserve judgment on the Longhorns for now. It was Rice. The team did seem to be a lot more humble than last year, though. I think the attitude was just all wrong last year- hence the 5-7 debacle and complete staff overhaul.

Oregon...wow. I know there were injuries and all, but LSU had suspensions, too. Auburn barely got by their opponent (Utah St.- the fightin' Aggies!), too. I would consider Oregon's opponent to be of a higher caliber, though.

How 'bout them Irish? Nice work in the preseason polls, guys: #16...well done. In their defense, the USF Bulls always give ranked teams a run for the money...They get pounded by garbage teams, but that's beside the point. The point is there were weather delays, okay? That's why the Irish did...BETTER after the breaks...hmm.

Overall, nothing earth-shattering happened. Teams that are constantly overrated (Georgia, ND, USC) perform as expected by me- nowhere near what their rankings suggest. Of course, a bunch of cupcakes were feast upon by "powerhouse" colleges. Standard fare for Week 1. Congrats to the LSU Tigers, though, for a big win at home.
  • K2S0
  • 09-04-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm going to reserve judgment on the Longhorns for now. It was Rice. The team did seem to be a lot more humble than last year, though. I think the attitude was just all wrong last year- hence the 5-7 debacle and complete staff overhaul. Originally Posted by h2theizzo
theres still plenty to judge based on last night's performance...

you can't just look at the final score and think "oh wow 34-9 they handled Rice easily..."

watching the game it was a contest for 3 quarters... without question the Horns have the better athletes but Rice played even with them for a majority of the game... the horns have recently been slow to start but yesterday was just laughable...

not sold on gilbert... malcolm brown shows promise.. and Jaxon Shipley is the real deal
ND VS MICH- I mean, that was a MOTHERFUCKER OF A MOTHERFUCKING FOOTBALL DAY, right there.
yeah the ND MICH game was awesome

thank god its football season