Candid or Professional Photoshoot?

I was wondering what you guys think is more appealing, candid photos or professional photo shoots?

I think candid photos are a little more true to the model and less doctored. hard to smooth out those imperfections with a grainy camera phone pic ... Anyone else agree?

Mindy
The proper question should be which photos most accurately represent what we will find on the other side of the door when we show up. Either professional or amateur photos are fine if what you see is what you get. Neither is ok if what you see is a misrepresentation.

I think candid photos are a little more true to the model and less doctored. hard to smooth out those imperfections with a grainy camera phone pic ... Anyone else agree?

Mindy Originally Posted by paradigm
Couldn't agree more.
Doctored professional pics suck.
Hi Mindy--Keeping your photos up to date is important in this biz. Since 2007 I have been taking my own photos. I eventually will invest my money with a professional photographer.

I recommend taking photos every 3 to 6 months.
My pictures are clearly not professional and I still get a lot of those "
Oh your so beautiful! Are your pictures real?" lol

Seems like in the gents minds..Does the lady look perfect? Then they're most likely fake. hehe

I say candid!
Really depends on your market goal and level.
High end has to be professional.
Mid range self photos are just fine or one taken by your girlfriend work. BUT either have to accurate and untouched, which can be a danger with the higher end professional shots
Wow, great replies! They all help tremendously! Thank you for taking time out to respond.