Strawberry Fields Forever

Today was such a beautiful day that I decided to go pick strawberries. I may have ended up going a little overboard. I've been capping and slicing strawberries for the past 4 hours and I'm barely halfway done. Anyone have any good ideas or recipes to use some of them?

So far I've come up with:
Strawberry shortcake
Strawberry pie
Chocolate covered strawberries
Strawberry margaritas/daquiris

I'm going to be absolutely sick of strawberries before the season is over.

Smothies, jelly, fruit salad, sliced on top of Ceral, strawberry poundcake, kissed and feed to a lucky hobbiest.
Smothies, jelly, fruit salad, sliced on top of Ceral, strawberry poundcake, kissed and feed to a lucky hobbiest. Originally Posted by Rollypolly
If I start feeling really over-zealous I might try to make some jam.

I imagine I could pureé them in my food processor and thicken it on the pancakes with cornstarch to make a strawberry syrup for pancakes.
  • kman
  • 05-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Wine
Wine Originally Posted by kman
Very interesting idea!
Wine is a great idea. Not hard either just patience. May need to get a few more.
I bought these for my mom for Mother's Day. Love strawberries!
Attached Images File Type: jpg IMG_9902.JPG (170.6 KB, 136 views)
Nothing really constructive to add but...yum! Love strawberries.
Those strawberries look fantastic, Ginger! I bet your mom loved them!

I got 2 big boxes full, but I may just have to get some more and try my hand at wine making.

Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits. I definitely can't wait to go back during peach/nectarine season!
  • kman
  • 05-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Wine is great you can make it as sweet or as stout as you want to make it I have a friend who is awesome at making muscadine wine
Wine is great you can make it as sweet or as stout as you want to make it I have a friend who is awesome at making muscadine wine Originally Posted by kman
I absolutely love muscadines and they do make some excellent wine!
Strawberry mead. Real life fruit ninja lol add a few others for berry water. Strawberry muffins. Dehydration and make strawberry chips
I'm not a huge fan of strawberries, but I've never said 'no' to a slice of strawberry-rhubarb pie!
I got up feeling productive this morning, so I put some of those strawberries to good use by making chocolate covered strawberries for my boyfriend. They turned out so pretty!

Sorry if my last post duplicated itself, not sure what happened.