Need to find an apartment

I came to Dallas from ft worth, had so many requests for me to be out here that I just moved last minute. Ended up staying in an extended stay hotel and have been here for a little over 4 months now with my 2 lil dogs.

Ive saved up enough to move with, and should probably do so asap before this hotel starts eating into my savings - dallas has been slow lately and need to relocate to something more affordable because spending over 1k a month just isnt working for me any more.

I dont know dallas very well at all, I dont get out very often. I would like to see what yalls recommendations are for apartments.

I would like to have something affordable, and in an area that is nice and hobbyist friendly for buiz.
Places that accept evictions, have move in specials or are ALL BILLS PAID would be great.

Thanks in advance
Or maybe a recommendation of a certain neighborhood I could look into myself.. like I said before, I know nothing about dallas.
To get a nice 1br that will allow pets and evictions, you're going to be paying close to 1k/month in Dallas... you MIGHT slide by around $800.. but with utilities, you'll be close to the 1k mark no matter what.

Dallas isn't a cheap city to be in if you want to be in a decent neighborhood.
No issues there, Im actually paying over 1k a month, so saving a couple hundred every month compared to current expenses will do me just fine.
And my evictions arent very recent, but I know some places go back an excessive amount of time..

So any recommendations for complexes or neighborhoods?
I just need someone to simply help point me in the right direction..
Sent you a PM with a more detailed answer
Probably not a good idea to publicly name specific complexes, but the Galleria area seems to be the hobby mecca for Dallas.

Not too bad of a drive for those living north in the suburbs, and makes for an easy lunchtime rendezvous for many who work around the area.
With more than one eviction you are going to have problems majority of the places, no matter how long. Hate to be the bearer of news on that. However, you may be able to find a privately owned condo but you need to come in strong with good work history, proof of income and probably first month rent, last month rent and deposit.

With commercially owned properties, some will accept previous apartment debt or 1 eviction over 2 or 3 years old depending on the property. You will still need to pay probably an extra deposit amount. I did not read what type of dog you own but many larger or what is considered to be aggressive breeds are not allowed. And a majority of complexes will charge a pet deposit of $300 to $500 with about half of it being refundable AND pet rent. Yep, pet rent. Usually runs $15 to $25

Dallas is currently one of the hottest areas to rent due to the housing shortage. Most apartments that were leasing for $600 to $700 2 or 3 years ago are now leasing for $900 to $1000.

Areas: Galleria area, any area along 635 between Greenville and Midway. North Dallas near 75 from Mockingbird to 635 are good easy to get to areas for most. Some downtown Gents like Uptown but it will be over your budget

It really sounds like private owner may be the way to go. But in the meantime, save save save. Because typically with your scenario you will need a good chunk to have them overlook your previous issues.
With more than one eviction you are going to have problems majority of the places, no matter how long. Hate to be the bearer of news on that. However, you may be able to find a privately owned condo but you need to come in strong with good work history, proof of income and probably first month rent, last month rent and deposit.

With commercially owned properties, some will accept previous apartment debt or 1 eviction over 2 or 3 years old depending on the property. You will still need to pay probably an extra deposit amount. I did not read what type of dog you own but many larger or what is considered to be aggressive breeds are not allowed. And a majority of complexes will charge a pet deposit of $300 to $500 with about half of it being refundable AND pet rent. Yep, pet rent. Usually runs $15 to $25

Dallas is currently one of the hottest areas to rent due to the housing shortage. Most apartments that were leasing for $600 to $700 2 or 3 years ago are now leasing for $900 to $1000.

Areas: Galleria area, any area along 635 between Greenville and Midway. North Dallas near 75 from Mockingbird to 635 are good easy to get to areas for most. Some downtown Gents like Uptown but it will be over your budget

It really sounds like private owner may be the way to go. But in the meantime, save save save. Because typically with your scenario you will need a good chunk to have them overlook your previous issues. Originally Posted by Lauren Lane
I appreciate your effort but I have rented plenty of times, I already know all this, I just needed someone to point me in the right direction of neighborhoods to look in, in Dallas. And no, I dont have multiple evictions, I have one, from like 4 or 5 years ago. Work history and proof of income is the easy part, family owned web design company.
My issue is that paying over 1k to be in a hotel is not worth the price, considering most gents prefer private incalls. And no matter what the price is, in the long run, will be cheaper then this place and more accommodating.

Thanks for everyones replies, especially those who PMed me with the info I was looking for.