As of today Feb 2 in the city of Austin.

Just a reminder to everyone heading to incalls and outcalls.

As of today you will receive a $500 fine for even having a phone in your hand while driving within the Austin city boundaries.

Pull over for confirmations of apps. and apt numbers or else that $250 session can easily cost you $750.
It's only illegal if you get caught
Kinda like speeding.
Just tell the cop he can sub for you .... costs you only 250 that way ... provider will never know and "hopefully" think it'll be role play when the uniformed cop shows up
Outside of photographic evidence does anyone have any idea on how they will be proving their cases?

If your phone is locked do you have any obligation to unlock it for them?
How do they prove you ran a stop sign?
How do they prove you ran a stop sign? Originally Posted by rockerrick
In most cases these days they they use dash mounted cameras to record the infraction. But if someone has a phone in their lap there is a not much a camera will record other than a driver looking down.....

I'm sure there will be no shortage of very obvious uses for them to ticket.

At Braker Eastbound just before 35 the other day I noticed a APD SUV and the officer was using a hand held camera with a telephoto lens.... He pulled out into traffic and had to make his way up 3 vehicles before getting to the truck he pulled over. I figured it was because of the new ordinance.
Just tell the cop he can sub for you .... costs you only 250 that way ... provider will never know and "hopefully" think it'll be role play when the uniformed cop shows up Originally Posted by fun2come

At Braker Eastbound just before 35 the other day I noticed a APD SUV and the officer was using a hand held camera with a telephoto lens.... He pulled out into traffic and had to make his way up 3 vehicles before getting to the truck he pulled over. I figured it was because of the new ordinance. Originally Posted by Whispers
Yeah they've been handing out warnings for the past 30 days but as of today it's an automatic $500 fine.

I've generally always used ear buds when driving but they're expensive and break often.

Speaking through auto blue tooth generally has crap reception.
It's only illegal if you get caught
Kinda like speeding. Originally Posted by rockerrick
And maybe a couple of things a few people reading this may do! ��
I think you can still use your phone in your hand if you are stopped at a stop light.
Also you can used your phone if it is attached to a dashboard mount as if you were tuning your radio. From what I gather you can use your phone but just not in your hand while your vehicle is moving.
Is that correct?
I think you can still use your phone in your hand if you are stopped at a stop light.
Also you can used your phone if it is attached to a dashboard mount as if you were tuning your radio. From what I gather you can use your phone but just not in your hand while your vehicle is moving.
Is that correct? Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
I don't know about the dash although that makes perfect sense. I believe you are correct about the stop light
Found it.

http://www.austintexas.gov/handsfree

I couldn't get the links of the ordinance codes within to load.

Thanks for the reminder.
On your way to incalls, please don't roll stop signs, run red lights, or speed.

Last year, two fellas got a ticket for one or the other, while on their way to visit me.

I would rather you bee five minutes late than get a ticket for rushing. I am happy to wait for you, so we can have our fun, safely.
Does anyone make a cell phone disguised as a handheld camera with a telephoto lens?

I know, wise-ass!!! I am sometimes. But I figured maybe I could beat the rest of the wise acres to the draw.

Just think of the possibilities of "open carry"

A .45 or a 10 mil containing a cell phone!

Of course, back when I proposed a combination defensive driving and concealed carry class.... wait

wait...

wait...

hosted in a Comedy Club.
So, can they look through your phone to see activity without a warrant?