ASPD??

First off.. Let me start by saying if you want to troll or be a smart ass just leave and don't bother to comment..

I am fairly new to eccie as a hobby source but from what I understand ASPD was the original forum and for some reason it was shut down.. I was just wondering of the history of that if anyone wants to share for the sake of conversation and a fresh topic.
Owner died.

Lots of drama ensued with her family and others, and the place eventually went dark when things couldn't be worked out among the concerned parties.

There are lots of details, many of them sordid, that would take hours if not days to recount, but that's the gist of it.

Good enough?
It was a totally different board ... Eccie flourished when ASPD died ...
Good timing for Eccie ...

It was a great decision to allow to transfer reviews from ASPD into Eccie ...

Almost everyone transferred his/her account ...
I like details..Hell if those "why dont you see black guys" threads can run for 20 pages surely this one can go 5 or six about something a lot more interesting.
There are various threads that may help you. Here's one http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ght=amber+aspd There is no short answer to your questions (I tried that), but there are lots of long ones in various threads that already exist.

But maybe you'll get lucky and some folks will want to relive it all. Cool by me if they do....
I've always wondered what ASPD stood for.

I probably known as much about it as 7aurelius does.

Curious...
aspd is a variant of alt.sex.prostitution.discussio n from the original usenet newsgroup community. from what i remember [i used to read it when i worked at a major tech firm here in dallas back in late 90s].

i believe that the aspd site was inspired by the usenet group. w/ p = provider as well.

but, as eccienewbie posted, there are lots of articles on her about that website.

i joined the original one on Delphi, then the aspd.net site a few months after the Delphi one got shut down.

in those days, there were 30-45 providers on eros.com, 2-3 pages of adult entertainment classified ads in the Dallas Observer and lots more in Adult News Entertainment (strip club newspaper), and p411 was prolly not even a gleam in gina's eye.

what hasnt changed since back then?
females providing and males partaking w/ about the same percentage of scammers, pimps, cash-n-dashers, ncns, and guys asking for bbfs.
Thank you PMD!!!

I kept Googling it but I just couldn't find it!!

is gonna sleep a lot better tonight finally finding out what that acronym was made up of.

Much appreciated! PMD!
I miss that site it was so COOL, but what pm says is the jist of its falling
So the owner was female? Was she a provider? How did she pass?
So the owner was female? Was she a provider? How did she pass? Originally Posted by 7aurelius
That last question is irrelevant, and I doubt the mods will allow personal information like that to be disclosed (or speculated) on this board.

The answer to the first two questions are yes, and she was at one time.
Here is another thread regarding hobby history:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=209976
I was a long time member of ASPD....yea I'm in my 50's. And it was run by a provider and the mods would slap you pretty quick for being knuckle-heads.

Thanks for Eccie for allowing us long term guys to transfer to this great site. And one last thing, how many of you young guys were ever on Delphi groups or forums? Your response.......that's what I thought.
  • Go4it
  • 03-27-2014, 09:07 PM
PMDelites - you and I have the same story. What a find Alt.sex.prostitution.discussio n was!!!!! When ASPD first started there wasn't a BCD. It was all out in the open. Then one of the owners had the idea that if they hid the juicy stuff and only allowed people to read it if they were a paying member ------- a money maker was born.

I was one of the few who helped re-write all the old reviews so they would fit the new BCD format. Whew - what a job.
Haha I remember the Delphi forums. It seemed like one would pop up, someone would get pissed off, report to mods and boom, no more board again. I think Amber just got sick of the board disappearing and reappearing all the time.

Oh, yeah, I'm old too.